Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator Advance (eBook)

Author
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 19:29 Edited at: 10th Jul 2009 07:40
From Learning to script to publishing your game.
This book is mainly aimed at creating commercial quality games and to make people believe that FPS Creator have the power to create commercial quality games.

Click here to know more about the book.

Click here to download the book.

Link to download:
From Our server: DOWNLOAD(fastest)and (recommended)
MegaUpload: EDIT: LINK IS DEAD, USE ^
Rapidshare: EDIT: LINK IS DEAD

-GraPix

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please make it no larger than 999999999x999999999, thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 19:31
Nice render,sooooo whats the point of the topic?

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 19:38
Thanks, greatly appreciated.

[href][/href]
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 20:29 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 20:31
Quote: "This book is mainly aimed at creating commercial quality games and to make people believe that FPS Creator have the power to create commercial quality games.
"

I don't know if you can make them believe anything, but it's a nice try. Well done, but I'm guessing English is not your first language. I just sort of speed read it, but found many grammatical errors. Other than that I enjoyed the read.

Brian.

EDIT: It's not always obvious that you need to click an image to go to the next page. You should provide a link as well so people know what to click to get to the book page and download link.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 21:30
that was interesting, I think i'll try a few things

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 23:33 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 23:37
NVM

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 03:18 Edited at: 10th Jul 2009 08:29
Quote: "I'm guessing English is not your first language. I just sort of speed read it, but found many grammatical errors"

Yes, u guessed right, English is not my first language.
-GraPix

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please make it no larger than 999999999x999999999, thanks
GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 03:20 Edited at: 10th Jul 2009 03:30
EDIT: double post

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 03:29
Quote: "what is NVM?"

it means Never Mind

On-topic: I downloaded it and say that it is great work and will be useful to all the new people.

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 08:28
Quote: "On-topic: I downloaded it and say that it is great work and will be useful to all the new people."

Quote: "that was interesting, I think i'll try a few things"

Quote: "I enjoyed the read"

thanks all...
Can anyone correct the grammatical errors, if you have time and if there are not too many errors.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 13:54
Interesting but I found some errors and misleading points in the book you should look into.

On one of the opening pages you write that 80% of FPSC users don't think it can be used for commercial development. You make that claim as if it is was fact but it's really just a guess. You can't do that if you want to be taken serious. You could write that you estimated the number or simply remove it.

You write that one should play as a player and not a maker of the game so errors can be found. Why not just advice a game maker to have some testers from your target audience? Using yourself, family and very close friends is the worst thing you can do for your game since you are blind to your own mistakes and family and friend never will be totally honest with you and rarely fit the target group.

You write that LUCK is king when you need to publish anything. Even that in the movie industry where you write it means everything. That is rubbish. Luck is just your explanation for the things you didn’t understand in the situations you described. Personal relations, networking, hard work and effort and usually marketing tactics combined with a nice budget makes a success. Luck has nothing to do with it and claiming luck to be the source of success will make serious business people turn their back on you.

You advise people to use 72 dpi instead of 300 dpi for textures. That is crazy DPI settings only count when you produce graphics for print. For screen graphics (as textures are) you only need to worry about pixel size. Textures should measure in sizes like 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 and the higher it gets the more processing time and memory is required. So that should be the point of your advice.

You also advice that the more animated a webpage is made the more action a site visitor will take – thereby implying that they will probably also buy more. You are entitled to your own opinion but I simply can’t disagree more. Animated websites were popular more than a decade ago when people had little idea of how to create useful websites on this new thing called the internet. Look at Steam, Amazon or almost any major digital download service or online shop today. They are rock solid and not animated.

On the bottom of page 17 you are missing the word “play” in “… when you play the game”.

Running my latest game superbly on FPSC and Project Blue Mod.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 14:31 Edited at: 10th Jul 2009 14:32
Quote: "On the bottom of page 17 you are missing the word “play” in “… when you play the game”."

Now THAT is what i call a nice ending thouch.

I have to agree with Scurvy Lobster. And add one thing:
- I read that you put alot of your own experience and or your opinion in it. I think that is wrong. As the people that read your book have to decide if it is good or wrong if its good or bad.

Good luck,

Red Eye

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 13:57 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 14:08
i edited almost whole book and after 2-3 hours of work i got a massage "XXXX encoured a problem and needs to close.". After closing that window, my pc get crashed and restarted. And now i am opening the file and it says it needs password (and then i thought WTH is MYYY file asking MEEEE the password, i haven't set any password to it). And then i read in an article that password request window even popup if my file is corrupt. I am feeling sooo bad.. soo bad .

Now, what should i do? 1. download my file from the server and re-edit it? 2. Or leave it forever?

Anyway, Thanks Scurvy Lobster and Red Eye, i was supposed to use your post for my book. Is it okay?

Offtopic: @redeye: what is the black bird? and when is your website is being online (i mean, currently it says it is underconstruction and i am seing it from many months)

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@Grapix: the black bird is one of the three projects i am working on (Red Eye - Island, The Black Bird, 1507(Contest Entry)) the Black bird will be after i made 1507 on forum, maybe sooner. 1507 is already on forum. And Red Eye - Island i only give updates of screens to beta testers.
My main layout of my website is almost done. But it was online i just wasnt happy with the layout. So it will work as a portofolio for my 3d art and models, also for my projects.

Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:12
I get:
'the file is damaged and could not be repaired'

Can you re 'pdf' it and reupload it.
Thanks.

Nothing to see here, move along please.
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 03:40 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 03:41
Quote: "the file is damaged and could not be repaired"

I guess you're using an old version of Acrobat Reader.

I read the book carefully. It's a very good idea in my eyes, with some nice examples, but I finally don't really get out of it just how to make a high quality game.

Maybe add some general tips 'n' tricks, things that commercial games must have. So far, it scrateches only on the surface

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 12:11 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 13:23
thanks, i've decided to re-edit it. i think you will have the link to new download soon.

EDIT: done.
EDIT: again damaged...
-GraPix

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:21:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:21:26