Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Information File

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I recently downloaded the November 2008 update for DarkGDK (I desperately needed the dbDesktopWidth() and dbDesktopHeight() functions) but DarkGDK never updated the information file (I use it a lot to reference anything I'm doing). Does anyone have a link to where I can get an updated version?

Thanks,
-Mike

Wait... What were we talking about?
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 20:09
AFAIK they did not update that, but they will have updated the corresponding DBPro one.

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 03:24
The GDK docs werent updated for either the november08 update or the 7.3 update.

If I might suggest, have a look through all of the header files, you can generally discover a number of undocumented features that way, most of the time they are pretty self explanatory as to how they work.

But you dont need the update to be able to find out the size of your window on your desktop, which is what those commands above do I assume(ive not used em). Just create a RECT struct, and call the appropriate windowsAPI function, passing it the handle of the GDK window(g_pGlob->hWnd) ... although u need to include "globstruct.h" and "windows.h".

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
mikeMarek 597
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the info.

Regarding Mista Wilson, I just use it as a reference, so if I forget a function's parameters or something.

Wait... What were we talking about?
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 03:32
There are quite a few commands missing from the official docs was what I was getting at, maybe having a look through the DBPro docs aswell as flicking through the headers might help, the commands are almost identical between GDK and DBPro...

Also, from inside C++ you can use the :: operator(on its own) to bring up a list of available functions using intellisense in VStudio. As long as the project you call it from includes "darkGDK.h" you will be able to see a list of ALL gdk commands(the ones that start with db aswell as variables etc) although it is in alphabetical order and is mixed up with a bunch of other C++ methods and variables.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:53:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:53:16