Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Animated pictures. (sorry carnt think of another title)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. Now ive managed to install GDK thanks to Mista. Ive also done the tutorial on the hello world and made the world rotate (and understood it). Is this the way you import all pictures with the animated png file. I do have photo shop elements 5 which do png files. What i want to to do is creat something like console buttons with say "RedAlert" and when you press the button the screen turns red and starts flashing like its in red alert. hehe. I will do other tutorials whats on the net as well.

thanks hope this makes sense.

A,B,C er line
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 16:42 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 16:44
you want to create a button ingame, when u click on it the screen start flashing red ?

i think i know what u have to do (it might not be the best solution but i think it works):

first create an image for the button
then make an alpha channeled image, make it as big as your screen, in this image draw the red light around the screen
then create a small image, also alpha channeled, make it like 10x10 and dont draw anything in it, just make it alpha channeled
after that we go to the code

oh and also, there are probably alot of syntax errors, i couldnt test it in visual C++ i wrote it here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:29:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:29:35