Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Reading and writing to file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 21:47
I have searched the forum and all the advice says not to use the db in-out functions but to use the standard C++ library.

But when I put this at the top of my code:

I get errors:

What am I missing?
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 21:51
Compile in release mode or read my post (second one) on how to fix it here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=154012&b=22

Your_Health = (My_Mood == HAPPY) ? 100 : NULL;
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 21:58
Thanks for the quick response, Ill look now, just wanted to give you a quick response.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 22:11 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 00:02
That worked thanks, good timing that the right person was on just at the right moment.

Funny story, I opened project menu but forgot my project name was "test project", so I was like "whats he on about, project->project name".
When it said "test project properties" at the bottom I thought it was some kind of option to test your project properties, whatever that could mean, so I was stuck for about 36 seconds lol.

Bran flakes:
Project->!Project_Name! Properties...->[+]Configuration Properties->[+]C/C++->Code Generation

Change the Runtime Library to /MT instead of /MTd
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 00:26
No no no no no no no no no no no......

I thought I had solved this problem but its back, Ive just bought a laptop(vista) and my project gets lots of nice linking errors, it is the same project that works on my desktop(XP) and the same project which I had trouble with(above posts) when I include fstream.

The solution I used before(above posts) does not work now, I get the following errors:

It is fine if I compile in release mode, but then I can't debug.
Other projects that dont use fstream compile fine in both release and debug mode.

Please come back Branflakes or anyone else who can help
Thanks people.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 02:45
Looks like your laptop is missing something that your desktop has...

Check that it has the same version of Visual Studio, GDK, and DirectX(august 07 SDK) installed, aswell as updating other drivers.

The other thing you can do is to check your project properties, between that project on your laptop, and desktop, and compare the differences, then make the changes on your laptop so it matches the desktop, once you are sure that its not just a project propertty somewhere that is causing your errors, you can look at updating software and making sure its installed properly

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 16:50
I've just wiped my hard drive on my desktop but I'm pretty sure once I get everything installed again it will work on my desktop, then I will try what you said, the laptop has the same versions as my desktop but as you said, perhaps the properties are not the same, I was thinking that maybe Vista has set something up differently.

I have not updated GDK on either computer, maybe Vista needs the updated version, I'll try that after what you said.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:46:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:46:01