Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / darkCube v1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2003 12:47 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2003 11:48
I wish you present a little game made 8 months ago with dbc. Is funny, but short. This is the version 1.0.

I want to convert this to dbp, but it seems not easy. After conversion i will upgrade the game, if i'll have the time.

http://www.geocities.com/adeon01/darkCubev1.0.zip

I hope it work now.
dark puppus
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, i've not reported any detail of the game, but in a few words this game is an arcade space shooter.

I dont know how to save image for now, but i'm sure you have fun with this game.

I'll wait all the comments for it.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 05:18
you can save an image using the cave man way I use.

1) Hit the "prt scr" button where you want to take a screenshot.

2) Close the program

3) Open Paint and hit Ctrl+v

There is the screenshot. Note that gamma changes do not show up in the image.

Hell Begins September 2nd at 7:30 AM. Yep, schools starting soon.
dark puppus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 11:49 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2003 11:54
I don't know why the image do not appear, so i posted a link to it.

http://www.geocities.com/adeon01/darkCubeimg.JPG

SOOOOOOOOOB!!! Many times the link does not work. I surrend to the geocities problems. Fortunately the link for the game work.

If you have problems click with right button of the mouse and press "save object with name" on all the link i presented.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 19:42
HEEEYULP! I'm being attacked by mutant ninja glowing green teath!

You've done some nice background effects there mate and showing a good grasp of the basics of programming. Now to learn how to make gameplay, which is an artform of it's own, and then no doubt we'll be seeing some good works.

Pneumatic Dryll
dark puppus
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank, but i can't continue. I have serious problems to understand rotations in dbpro. Actually i cant work easily.

I have noticed this problem in dbpro discussion, i hope someone help me (sigh).
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 21:38
It's not you mate, it's DarkBASIC.

DB has long since suffered from a programming connundrum called 'Gimbal Lock'. Ask DBS about it and they'll tell you that you need to learn and understand how 3D mathematics work - that is what I was told anyway back on the yellow forums. Read any paper on 3D mathematics and they'll talk about Gimbal Lock and how easy a mistake it is to make, and noteabely, how to avoid it.

All is not lost though as although I have not tried it myself I gather update 5 fixes the Gimbal Lock in the free flight commands. It would be nice for rotate object to work all along local axii too, but I guess we cannot ask for too much when there is a lot for Lee and Mike to do still.

Hmmm, I could have just said get update 5 instead of typing all this couldn't I. Well there you have it, I love the sound of my own text.

Pneumatic Dryll
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2003 17:05
Well, isn't there a single command which can fix that? Change an object's rotation value? Maybe the next IDE update could include a 'Gimal Lock FiX' option which would add the command before any other code

--Mouse

Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:27:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:27:51