Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] (new) FPS Creater Advance Book

Author
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 19:31 Edited at: 15th Jul 2009 05:58
Please delete this thread

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please make it no larger than 999999999x999999999, thanks
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 21:53 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 21:54
Found one error already:

"except" on page 8 is meant to be Expect

I suggest you do a proof read first havnt read the rest yet but i can tell you your grammar is awful i bet theres more further on and some of the sentences are very lengthy, and need a comma or a full stop in them.

Also this book doesn't really tell you anything you wouldn't find out from reading the nickydudes guide, what is there for us to actually read this over that for example.

Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 22:09 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 22:12
Ok I dont want to sound rude:

But let me get some things straight:

First of all the images are poor. Sorry, take them out. Or replace them. I dont even know where that Island is, and what it has to do with fpscreator. Then you say that bioshock and fpsc cant be matched???? Wow, I am sure that you can do this with (alot work but..) the upcoming mods, and the mods that are on the forum. You can come close. Many great game creators have done a great job on comming VERy Close, an maybe even better.(Do you look in the FPSC WIP Section.).
And sorry: but ZUMA? I know it is a good one to point out as FUN. But no it realy sounds like fpscreator is Fun Game Engine to make Funny little games like Zuma. If you are new to fpsc that is. We all know beter.

Then you say this:S:
Quote: "
Below is a list of things you should use
 FPS Creator Modification
 3D Studio MAX (or Google SketchUp)
 MilkShape 3D
 Entity Workshop (or Magic FPS)"

It looks like you are saying that 3dsmax and sketchup are the same quality. WOW well maybe you are not saying that, but it looks like. I use google sketchup and 3dsmax. I know the difference. They are both good in their own way. But there is NO way you can say "or google sketchup".
And why should you use milkshape AND 3dsmax, (maybe for expoerting capabitlities), try to specifi what it is what you can use it for. and such. Why should you use a mod, opfcourse it gives you great capabilities. but forexmaple look at Lifeless. Paul112 did a awesome job on that. And i have seen others that did a great job too.

And i quote:

Quote: "Screenshot of DOOM 3"

Why was that?

And yet still i think that alot of features are missing. Like more about FPSC and more random screenshots of FPSC how is the environemen. Little tips and tricks. A list of features of FPSC so you can see what you can do with it (supporting HLSL Shaders) (World Editor) (.x models......etc...etc.etc....)

Keep this up.

Red Eye

koolman v2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 22:15 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 22:24
it was nice learning about the best games people made but it didn't have really anything on creating a good game with fpsc all I'm saying it could of had more content

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 22:30 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 22:31
It's good that you have tried to help, but the book seems too opinionated. It's full of "I think" and "I like". It's more like a personal opinion than an "advanced manual of fpsc", and is annoyingly biased at times.

Also, you seem to have made a book on how to use FPSC, but pretty quickly derail into "lets use mods" and "go buy project blue". I'm sure S4real's mod is great and all, but I got the impression this was "how to use FPSC" not "how to use project Blue".

Quote: "From learning to script to creating something commercial quality and getting it published, this book covers all these informations in only a few pages."

It's only a few pages because it was so vague, referenced a few programs and in actual fact didn't do much teaching

All in all, it's not exactly a good manual. It's a bunch of screenshots of irrelevant games, and stuff from forum threads like The Best of the Best, which you have compiled and put your 'company' name and opinion too. With unprofessional comments like "crap" and "I am not 15 currently and I am not 10 and not 20 too, you will never know my current age, hehahahaha XD" it's obvious that it's been made by a minor with very little knowledge of FPSC, or commercial game development for that matter...

Paul

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 22:38
I agree I didn't actually learn anything from this. Good effort though thanks for trying

dark peanut

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 15th Jul 2009 05:57
okay, fine then... i've edited.

And i am not a minor and i am not n00b... i am using fps creator for years.

fullstop.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please make it no larger than 999999999x999999999, thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:18:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:18:10