Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / PACCAROMAN - son's of pacman - download beta v1.0.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2009 17:53
Hi

This game is pacman with some variations.
The goal of the game is to eat the pills like the original pacman and save the children "paccarelli" of imprisoned pacman bringing the edge of the labyrinth.

There are many various PowerUp and status altered
In the game there are only 5 levels, but with the editor you can create new or modify existing ones.
Save level with name like 01,02,03.....10,11,12 etc..
I have not had time to test the game reported any bugs via email or on the forum.

For move paccaro use cursorkey
with gameover press spacebar

discussion WIP
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152740&b=8

screenshoot
http://img5.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screen1yng.jpg

video of game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n0sSifU2PI

You can download the game from the following link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2ENLUPQ6

I hope you enjoy the game

Bye
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2009 23:33 Edited at: 15th Jul 2009 23:39
very fun and a nice spin on the standard pacman game.
the graphics are nice enough and the sound/music is very fitting. i especially appreciate the pac-shaped fade/transition effect and the level complete "intermissions"

i'm sure you're aware of the collision issues, but they didn't prohibit gameplay much. tho, they DID allow me to (accidentally) cheat after powering up and eating the ghosts through the walls of their (safe?-)home. and, same goes for the ghosts, reaching their cold hands(?) through walls to end my quest!

i will say it's somewhat confusing since various power-ups aren't explained and some prevent you from picking up other items. ie, the robot protects you and allows you to daze the ghosts, but it doesn't allow you to pick up fruit (seemed like i had trouble picking up fruit altogether). i could still pick up power-pills, tho, but without any benefit. the ghost-disguise, roaming traps and the need to pick up the green keys to unlock the kids could have been explained to save me some frustration. i guess that's what the first few times playing are for: learning (the hard way).

one crash:

after playing the first time (dying on lvl 2), i restarted and completed level 1 again before crashing:

Quote: "m_dwRuntimeErrorDWORD=0
m_dwRuntimeErrorLineDWORD=1074 "

i was playing in 1024x768 and had the window maximized. subsequent plays were allowed to stay in the standard window (not resized) and i was able to play a number of games without a crash. doubt it's related but worth mentioning.

overall, very fun and the kind of game i like to see posted here. ie, something simple yet fun while not being too time-consuming. i have yet to run the editor but do plan to make a few levels and see how all of that works.

congratz on a successful game!

add: you could have attached the file to your post to spare us from the horrible 25kb/s "mega upload" hassle

klonoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 00:36
Sorry for my bad English

Thanks for the comments

Sorry you are right I have not explained that to save paccarelli should take the key.
I have to fix some bugs, but I am glad that the game will be like.
If you find other bugs please let us know
thanks again
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice, I like the game concept, the graphic and the music. However, a "how to play" screen which explains the rules of the game would be very much needed.
klonoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 21:28
Someone has tried to create some level with the editor?
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 01:44
Very nice! It seems very proffesional, and I think it could even be used to sell when it's polished up a little, I loved how the camera would twist in the video, and all the effects on powerups and such, Brilliant!

A little suggestion though, after it says "Get Ready..." How about adding a "GO!" with a flute that goes off when it starts? Instead of suddenly just starting without notification.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 15:47
hey good game! can u tell me how u used sprites for the high score numbers?
klonoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:15
Quote: "hey good game! can u tell me how u used sprites for the high score numbers? "

sorry my bad english

thanks for the comments.
To make the score, I created the objects. X above planar with each number with the alpha channel black.
Then I created a simple function that translates the parameter of the score to make it appear on the screen:

function ShowPointGame()
spointgame$ = str$(m_pointgame)
inumber = 9
inumber = inumber - len(spointgame$)+1
for ichar = 1 to len(spointgame$)
for im = 0 to 9
hide object m_matrixobjectpoint(inumber,im)
next
ipointnum=val(mid$(spointgame$,ichar))
show object m_matrixobjectpoint(inumber,ipointnum)
inumber=inumber+1
next ichar
endfunction
klonoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 10:23 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 09:47
Someone has used the editor to create levels?

Report me for a bug

thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 06:46:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 06:46:03