Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Linker error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

I have linked all the right folders, and shaved down errors from 22 to 1. Google has no provided no help at all. Here is my code below:

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 04:53
I dont think you need to include dxdiag.h .. unless you are making calls to something in it or plan to call something in it.

It looks to me like you dont have DarkGDK installed correctly, or have some of the files have become corrupted. I would suggest trying a complete un-install/re-install and see if that fixes the problem.

You need to install visual studio first, and run it once, then the DirectX August 2007 SDK, and then last DarkGDK. The order that you install them in must be that listed above, otherwise the GDK installer wont set itself up in visual studio. Also, if you are using an IDE other than the Express Edition one, you will need to manually setup your linker(Sorry if you knew all that, im just trying to cover all the bases).

Also, at least initially, make sure you are in "release" mode when you try to compile, as running in debug requires a little extra setup of the IDE.

All of the syntax in your code above is correct, I have compiled it and run it just by copying/pasting and dropping in my own 4x4 animated sprite(one from GDK samples actually lol) and backdrop.

So, If it runs for me as it is, I would have to say that its something to do with your setup..

Hope this helps some

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Shortymant
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, I just uninstalled the DirectX SDK & Dark GDK, then installed DirectX first about 5 minutes after I posted this.

[Quote]
Also, at least initially, make sure you are in "release" mode when you try to compile, as running in debug requires a little extra setup of the IDE.
[/Quote]

I did not know that, thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:14:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:14:10