Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / any tips for voice editing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 04:10
Hi everyone,
am starting to record voices for some cutscene and ingame conversations.. I use a regular mic and it's not bad but I wanted to ask if anyone has any tips to make it better..
I use audacity to clear noise, morphvox to have different character sounds, any other good softwares I can use? tips to make sound clearer or generally better?
Thank you..

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 04:17
Well i use Voice Changer 6.0 Diamond which in my opinion is all right but i never tried morphvox. Wish i could compare the two....anyways for certain scenes like communicating through a radio you could add some fuzz to the sound to give a realistic effect. Little things like what i mentioned could make the voice overs great.

-Research programs
-try messing around with the equalizer in morphvox(if it has one)
-try different effects in your voice editor to get more releastic sounds
-get background noises going for realism on top of the voice recordings. Such as waves if your on a boat making the voice recording a lower volume than the sound

I dunno I guess half the thigns I mentioned are basically the same and obvious as well. But hopefully something i mentioned helps you out

[img][/img]

Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 05:03
actually I tried Voice Changer Diamond first it was good n all but soooo hard to use, it depends on me knowing what does changing pitch, frequency, amplitude and other options do.. playing around with them didn't help me that much..

morphvox also have all these complicated features but I use it for its simple ones it has tons sound templates.. for example if I want a robot or a demon voice I just record and press the button =) I can make it heavier, stronger or wutever I want with just a slide..

[img]null[/img]

Quote: "-get background noises going for realism on top of the voice recordings. Such as waves if your on a boat making the voice recording a lower volume than the sound"

that's actually a good idea

Thank You...

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 05:49
I use Audacity and I recently got Your Monster Voice

Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Your Monster Voice: http://www.cadkas.com/monster-voice.php

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline