Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparky's Collision With a Biped

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 06:30
I want to add collision to the player model, a human biped, but when I set the biped up as a complex object the collision seems to be only a small sphere around its abdomen. The object I have set up as a terrain and any simple objects work perfectly with SC_SetupComplexObject; I just cannot get it to work with a biped (limbs and head won't collide).

Does anyone know what the problem is or has had success using collision with bipeds or other complex objects?

The code is the stock SC SlidingDemo with my own models replacing the ones included and some minor alterations to the camera. I can show that and a screenshot of the exe if required.

Thanks guys!

Hi.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 09:57
Is your model scaled at all ? check that you are setting the object up and allowing it to use scaling..

Otherwise there is a command in there for setting/changing the radius of the sphere collision I think.

Lastly, when you say "biped" what are you referring to ? Do you mean simply a single object model that is a humanoid(2legs 2arms, thus biped) or are you referring to the 3Dmax BIPED animation controller ?

either way, the reason you could have only a small sphere is that there are multiple objects or limbs making up your overall biped object and that only one is being setup for collision and is the only one that has the sphere around it.... Im not sure if there are commands the check for limbs or to include multiple limbs or not im sorry, but looking through the docs for it should help.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:19:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:19:31