Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3Ds file Vista

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 07:54
I had a program that loaded a 3Ds file on windows XP home. It was one of the 3ds files that came the dark GDK It worked fine. I recently got a new machine running Vista home. I downloaded and installed vC++, Directx9, and the same Nov 2008 GDK. The program now generates a buffer over run when it tries to loaad these objects.

A project was created that just tried to load this file and the building never showed.

Any thoughts?
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
A few days ago somebody else complained of the same problem and it turned out that the model file was in the wrong directory. Are you sure the program finds your 3ds file at all? You can check with dbFileExist.

You can also try compiling in release mode and starting the program outside Visual Studio. On my system it is very slow to load models in debug mode, maybe it doesn't find enough memory for models and debug at the same time?
atomic knights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 18:36
The directory is right. I copied the entire Projects folder from one machine to the other. All the other model formats work (.X). It is just these 2 3DO ones that fail.

My old machine had a 1/2 gig, this has 4.

I know that there are problems with 3DO format. I real mystery

ricky

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:20:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:20:19