Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Beta Concept

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 08:19 Edited at: 19th Jul 2009 06:10
Ive been thinking of a story for a so far unnamed and unstarted game made using The latest version of Project Blue UM. Here is the story. I would love some Crit on the story and I am open to any suggestions.

Quote: "An ancient legend and a strict creed reveal one of the greatest secrets of all time.
Marty Rhodes is an office worker living in Chicago. He lives a pretty normal life. His father is a Colonel in the USMC. When he turned fifteen years old his dad trained him to use certain weapons, namely, pistols and assault rifles, but over the years he taught himself to use other, more complex weapons. It’s been sort of like a hobby to him, and he never thought it would be anything more. One day when coming home from work, Marty walked into a house that had been robbed. Furniture was knocked over, books were tossed over the floor and all the pictures were broken. Marty didn’t think he had anything valuable enough to steel, but he remembered his fathers safe. When his father was called into service, he left Marty a safe. He said it contained one of their family’s greatest possessions. The only problem, his father never told him the combination. He said that he would find out when the time was right. Marty contacted the police about the robbery but they weren’t able to find any evidence. Marty cleaned up his apartment and resumed life as he lived before. But about a week after the robbery Marty was kidnapped. He awoke in a small shack tied to a chair. The guard noticed he was awake and he called someone on his radio. A few moments later a man walked in. He explained to Marty that they stole the Safe and they needed the combination. They said the safe contained a key part to their conquer of the small tropical island they took Marty to. He told them he didn't know the combo and naturally they didn't believe him. They said they would kill him if he didn’t tell them and gave him the night to make a decision. Marty was awake the whole night. At about midnight Marty saw a stack of papers on a nearby table. They were held together with a paper clip. Marty hopped his chair over to the table and knocked the papers off. Then he tipped himself over in the chair. He pulled off the paper clips with his handcuffed hands behind his back. He used what he knew of lock picking to open the handcuffs. Once out of the handcuffs, he reached in the guard’s bag on the ground and pulled out a Combat Knife. He cut the ropes and freed himself. Marty had a long journey ahead of him to recover his fathers safe, discover who his kidnappers were and discover what was really inside the safe."

I updated the story A little bit. Theres no major changes, just details that I found wrong.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 08:23
wow....um. Hmm....

I think the story is something new, which is nice.

I think you need to tweak some things, but overall, nice. I would like to see how this comes out in a game.

Skydog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 08:34
Yea, most of the stories Ive though of have all been really military based, politically charged games. But I really want to try an action adventure FPS.
koolman v2
Years of Service
User Offline
cool story/plot

next time post it in the showcase section though

hope it goes well for you

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 13:55 Edited at: 18th Jul 2009 14:01
Showcase section is for finished projects only, and the WIP board demands WIP evidence (screenshots), so this is probably the best board for it to be in.

EDIT: As for the story, it sounds pretty nice. The details about his mother being dead don't really contribute to it, it feels as if though you're trying to add a dramatic charge to the story but then just leave it at that, as an unneccesary detail. Other than that, it's good, and I'd like too see how it turns out game-wise.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 15:54
Yeh this is in the right place im sure, and that is an awesome story line a few tweaks needed but i can see that doing well if made correctly.

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works

Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
Skydog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 20:16
Thanks for all the comments. Yea I thought this was the best board to put this in as I haven't even started.

Quote: "As for the story, it sounds pretty nice. The details about his mother being dead don't really contribute to it, it feels as if though you're trying to add a dramatic charge to the story but then just leave it at that, as an unneccesary detail. Other than that, it's good, and I'd like too see how it turns out game-wise."

When I wrote that I just thought it was something that may need to be said, but now I see where your coming from. Yea Im gunna take that bit out.

Im really glad everyone likes my story, I wanted to do something that not alot of people have done.
Skydog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 02:45
Sorry for the double post. I just wanna say that when I do start the game, its an action adventure on a tropical island. There will be some pretty large outdoor scenes.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 03:06
I believe it is about time you move this to the WIP board.

[img][/img]

Skydog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 05:22
No, because I havent started work on it. WIP means work in progress, and as of so far, work has not progressed.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 18:01
I know what the WIP board means. Im everywhere on these forums now. I mean you can start a post there now that your tweaking your story and going to begin developing it soon.

[img][/img]

Skydog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 20:29
I may not be developing very soon, Im so busy right now with my summer soccer training and conditioning. I just posted a story really early because I wanted to get some crit and tips. That doesnt mean Ill be developing any time soon.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 21:12
Good luck with soccer than.

[img][/img]

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 16:01
very original, and yes, good luck with soccer

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 17:37
Very original. However, it didn't seem to flow at this part
Quote: "Marty cleaned up his apartment and resumed life as he lived before. But about a week after the robbery Marty was kidnapped."

Although, I can't think how you would replace it. As for soccer, my friends are trying to get me to join recreational. Mainly because our county doesn't have enough people for a team, lol. Good luck with soccer.

Skydog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 05:20
Thanks for the good lucks. And Coach Shogun, yea that doesnt seem to fit right but, im still making some revisions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 21:23:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 21:23:41