Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Reloading your gun does not work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 15:51
Are weapons different in multiplayer?

A weapon has two slots in its menu...bullets for the weapon and ammo...however, I never have to reload my gun in multiplayer.

e.g. if a shotgun has 3 shots and 2 ammo, I always get SIX bullets...and can shoot six times without having to reload.

How can I shoot e.g. 3 times and have to reload...and get another 3 shots?

My projects: music, games and more...
Guy_84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 18:54 Edited at: 18th Jul 2009 18:55
Simple, open gunspec.txt and set reload quantity to 3.

Best reguards
Guy_84

GuyMod - v0.00002 ready
When you least expect it... BOOM, HEADSHOT!!
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 01:00
It doesn't work. Nothing is changed. I can set the gunspecs to whatever ... without succuess. It seems that FPSC doesn't even look at these txt files...the ammunition is coded in the level. And I cannot reload my gun. Maybe it is a bug in multiplayer mode only. I think I had the same problem some time ago...and I had to use ammo spread throughout the level as weapons only did not force the player to reload his gun.

Guy_84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 20:43
Really? I guess it's not as simple as I thought. Why not give this a try, try modifying the fpe files in the entity bank and delete any bin and dbo files if you haven't already. Also, what version of FPSC are you using?

GuyMod - development paused.
When you least expect it... BOOM, HEADSHOT!!
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 21:12
It has been working for an hour now. I duplicated a character, renamed him and changed the "has weapon"...obviously, you can only reload your gun with ammo you find in a level.

The other problem is that this character is just fine in test mode but when I build the game he has 10 times the shots he has in test mode.

e.g. I set reloadquantity to 10. In test mode the gun has 10 shots...and an ammo roll gives you another 10 shots.

In the build game, however, the character starts with 100 shots...and gets another 10. If I change reloadquantity to 1, he starts with 10 (fine!) but only gets one shot per ammo roll.

Why is this so messed up?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:14:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:14:16