Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is this a good game story?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Rick Sukas was your average man. Had an average job, and average life, an average house. But one day, during a blood donation, all went wrong. He passed out, and when he awoke in a hospital he was told by a guilty looking doctor that he lost to much blood, but was recovering. A week later, he was in a car accident, and when he exited the ruins of his cars, everyone was zombies. Whatever happened during the donation messed him up. Soon after killing much of the 'zombies', he was sent to a top-secret asylum. 2 years later, Rick Sukas kills a nurse who has a gun on her, and decides to end this once and for all, and find out what really happened during the blood donation."

The game is gonna be horror, but not really centered around that. Its sort of gonna be a sad dramatic actiony horror game, and have cutscenes (including bonus ones ). So, please rate it on a scale of 1-100.
JJB Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 04:59
Sounds good, Lookin forward to more

I AM LEGEND: THE VIDEO GAME
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152828&b=25
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 06:54
From all the recent posts, I think fpsc needs its own thread/section for game storylines, would b interesting to read all the mixed ideas...

my taste in music isn't weird, its just so amazing your ears haven't quite adapted to it yet.
Skydog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 06:57
Yea, I agree with Krowsnest.
Good Story btw..
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Ehh, it evokes the normal plot every other story has had before.

Man has some anomaly happen to him, wakes up, zombies.

You need something FRESH. Zombies have been over-abused in my opinion. But, if you really want to make it somewhat better, why not associate some medical explanation as to what happened to him. Was it some kind of mental illness? A drug? Some kind of physiological abnormality?

Catch my drift?

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
UltimateClay
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You need something FRESH. Zombies have been over-abused in my opinion. But, if you really want to make it somewhat better, why not associate some medical explanation as to what happened to him. Was it some kind of mental illness? A drug? Some kind of physiological abnormality?

Catch my drift?"

[SPOILERS THAT WILL RUIN THE WHOLE GAME]

It is a drug. He finds out at the end of the game. The military were expirementing with a drug that was suppose to make you live longer, and be stronger. However, it failed and this happened..

[SPOILERS OVER]

And the zombies LOOK like zombies, but dont really act like them.
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 17:22
It still sounds very stereotypical, except now with a superhuman element (enhancing drug thing.)
Also, they way you described the story in the first post came off as being very messy. You're describing things that don't really contribute to the story. While the details on him being an "average man with an average job" helps paint him as an ordinary, typical civilian, the 'average house' part is unneccesary.

There are ways to make a boring story more interesting, the best way is to write more elaborately. Avoid unneccesary details, but strengthen the worthy elements of the story by writing perhaps more abstract descriptions of things and events. Use metaphors occasionally, but not too much.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 19:22
People are posting up that this story seems a bit stereotypical or cliched. This is the story to Tristan Craft and the Lost City (the game I'm working on in my engine), and from what I can tell, it's fairly unique. The best way to make up a story, in my opinion, is to go where very few have gone before. You might think that having an infection come from another source is good enough, but the whole zombie scene is incredibly overdone. Go for outside of the box, and start there. It should produce some good results.

Quote: "Bermuda Cruises seemed like a logical place to spend a vacation. Rated 5 Stars in the latest Vacation Weekly magazine... This place had to be nice. And it was. Before that night, at least.

The glass of sparkling champagne glittered as the sun started to go down in the distance. Surrounded by hundreds of miles of clear blue water, Tristan Craft, retired newspaper writer at the age of 27, looked longingly into the ocean. There had been rumors on the last cruise that if you looked hard enough, you can see machinery underwater. It was just another white lie, most likely. Something parents tell their kids. Yet there was something about the depth of the water that lulled Tristan into a deep hypnosis. The longer he stared, the more it felt like there was something underneath there. Something longing to be found.
Early the next morning...
The boat lurched suddenly as if someone had stopped it with a brick wall. Glasses flew off shelves. Closets full of clothes came undone. Lights swayed back and forth. Red warning lights echoed along the engine room and the under hull of the vessel. The boat was filling with water. Tristan prepares for a mass panic as the boat continues to lurch and sway. Tristan leaves his bunk in a hustle, hoping to avoid the ensuing chaos. He winds his way through the different cruise attractions to the bow. No one is there.
Four minutes later... Three quarters of the vessel is lost. Tristan sees that an abandon ship call is imminent, so he jumps overboard, hoping to grab on to some sort of floating debris. Tristan's foot hits a small lever right below the surface of the water. He dives underneath to take a closer look, but nothing is there. He hears the slow churning of the boat sinking, but is introduced to a new noise. That of machinery lifting something. Something is surfacing..."

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 19:31
Quote: "I think fpsc needs its own thread/section for game storylines"

Game Design Theory has room for people with game ideas, that's what it is there for
Howelly
Years of Service
User Offline
I think a good ending would be that his mind was messed up in the donation, and it was innocent/random people he was killing, which is why he was locked away. just an indea ofc
UltimateClay
Years of Service
User Offline
I think a good ending would be that his mind was messed up in the donation, and it was innocent/random people he was killing, which is why he was locked away. just an indea ofc
__
His mind wasnt messed up. It was giving a drug. But then the rest it troo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:19:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:19:25