Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Resizing Basic2D Box?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 12:25
Hello there,

Is it possible to resize a 2D box made using dbBox?

I'm now trying to create a simple GUI class for my game, but I want to keep it medialess, so I choosed to start with Basic2D commands.

But unfortunately it's lacking of built-in commands. I prefer more advanced features like what we can do with Sprites.

But I don't want to use any media for it >.< Perhaps only boxes and lines (for the outline, if the box can't have its own outline)

If it's not possible, can you suggest other alternative commands to create such thing?

Thanks.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 19:43
dbBox() is a drawing command. It doesn't create a numbered 2D object type like a sprite or an image. Since you're probably drawing the box for every frame just draw it with different dimensions when you need to.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Drowneath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 20:01
Ah, yeah

Then simply create some variables that stores its x1, x2, y1, y2 and then change it inside the while loop right before calling the dbBox.

Thanks for your reply

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:29:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:29:05