Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / warning LNK4076: invalid incremental status file '*.ilk'; linking nonincrementally

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have started to see this when i compile my programs. it does not prevent me from compiling, nor does it do anything harmful. though it does slow the process considerably. is there anything that i can do to fix this, and what does this mean?

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 00:39
When C++ links your programs, it goes through and examines what it has already linked, from previous times you have linked.

An incremential link will actually be slightly faster than a full link as it goes through and will only link what has changed since last time. The message you are getting is telling you that the data that VS keeps regarding its linker is invalid, so it cannot do the link incrementially, and thus is performing a full-link.

That message isnt actually a bug or a glitch or anything to worry about and its not affecting your program at all, its just one of the nuances of Visual C++ that you will learn to recognize after using the environment for awhile.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:16:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:16:21