Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Looking for some Alien Breed sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 16:16 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2010 00:52
Howdy,

Does anybody have some Alien Breed styled character artwork sitting around ?

I'm just throwing together a tech demo (see here) and would like a player, a bullet (or two) and perhaps an Alien (or two) also.

The perspective needs to be overhead to fit into what the existing concept.

The demo is running in 800*600. So it'd be nice if the images were suitably proportioned.

Reference Pictures

Alien Breed Screen Shots

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 17:25
I've been itchen to make some 2d character graphics. Are you looking for the same style of art? Pixelated or do you want cleaner lines and colors? I'll work something up today.

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 03:42 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2010 00:53
At the moment, I'm really just would like some stand in's, so there's something to look at. While i'd love to grow this into a game later on; For now, they just be temporary. So don't go too far out of your way !

The backdrop is from an AB screen shot, another person has sent a link to some ripped AB sprite sets. So I could prolly just use those for the mock up. But, I'd much rather use our own media than rips in the actual tech demo.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 14:48 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 14:49
I found the original Alien Breed graphics, sound effect and music floating around on the net somewhere. They have been sat on my hard drive for years until I could be bothered to make a remake of breed.
If that is your intention then you've just become my favourite coder .. I love that game.

The graphics, sound and music is attached. Good luck and let me know how it goes

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 07:09 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2010 00:54
Hi Scraggle,

Wow! - I wasn't expecting all that, thanks.

Alien Breed was a bit of favorite of mine also. Sadly, I wasn't planning upon making a AB remake though. But, since all the media is just sitting there, the idea starts to look a lot more appealing, so you never know.

HyperViper
Years of Service
User Offline
hey i got one for you it is quite small coz it was for our hacked pokemon that we didnt finish
so give me credit

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:04:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:04:36