Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 20:07 Edited at: 20th Jul 2009 20:08
http://www.nvidia.com/content/flash/SWFs/Physx/Apex_640x360.swf

Is it possible to have objects fall apart like in the video above using dark physics. If so, how do you set a object up to do that?
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 22:38
Look for lesson 408 in the SDK files might help on how to go about it.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks A Lot! This was very helpful!
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Using the help you've provided, I've got it working. But It takes along time to get the objects in the right position and then connect them together. So I was wondering if their was a command that I can use to load up a model with limbs and turn the limbs into objects without moving them out of the position they are in?

Tried using the "Make Object From Limb" Command, but it puts the limbs at position X=0,Y=0,Z=0.
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 05:21 Edited at: 21st Jul 2009 05:45
In my "Small Gnomes big guns" project i make breakable models by parsing a models limbs. (limbs are walls, roof, beams, trusses or whatever in the model). I then split the model with "make object from limb" using "emptys" (Blender term?) that represents the joint positions to join them with a phy joint. I also get the limb texture to re-texture the new objects. As i UV map the limbs in the model editor separately the object derived from the "make limb from object" will have the same UV map. Result is a split model looking exactly as the original that can be blown apart.

I do it by positioning the original model at the place i want the breakable copy to be. Then get the position/angle (limb position, limb angle) of all the limbs in that model making new objects on the exact position/angle of the original models limbs. Then i delete the original model and make the new objects physics dynamic and add the joints to make it stick together and insert the parts in the physics simulation.

Regards
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 14:31
long way round in doing it, but as far as I see its the only way at this time.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I do it by positioning the original model at the place i want the breakable copy to be. Then get the position/angle (limb position, limb angle) of all the limbs in that model making new objects on the exact position/angle of the original models limbs. Then i delete the original model and make the new objects physics dynamic and add the joints to make it stick together and insert the parts in the physics simul"
I never tried it like that, but It looks easier to do it your way. Thanks A lot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:41:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:41:26