Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / woot. Actualy made something.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Its not big but ive made a some stars using photoshop elements 5 and then going along with the tutorials ive managed to put the stars in a skybox from the media folder in tutorials etc and then using keyboard and mouse control the camera like a space ship hehe. How do you make a skysphere cos you xan actualy see like a square when in side the box. The folders i have used are. I made a seperate folder in the progects folder and named it media and and then i put the following in. i put the skybox2 in from the tutorial "game level" then i made my own stars using elements5 and placed 1 bmp file in the same folder as the skybox. Then i copied the bmp file 6 times just like in the Game Level tutorial. So here is the code what i did.

What im wanting to no is how do you make a skysphere?. thanks and thanks for any help.

A,B,C er line
Drowneath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 04:07
Just do the same like when youre going to make a skybox.
skipper84
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you make a .x file with the directx texure tool?.

Ive made a dds file using the tool but what i want is a .x file. Ive tried and made one by opening a bmp file in the texture tool and i saved it as a normal dds file. Then i opend the dds file and saved it as skybox.x

it does make a file .x which looks like kind of a note pad but when i come to open it, it says that it faild to open model. I can open the ones from dark basic but not mine what i make.

Hope this make sence.

A,B,C er line
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 13:16
Quote: "Can you make a .x file with the directx texure tool?.
"

No. A .x file is a 3D Model file. Generally these are only created inside a 3D modelling package of some kind, and exported into the format. They can also be created by using a 3D model converter utility(such as Deep Explorer) to convert one model format to the .x format.

You cannot create a 3d model from an image just by renaming the file.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
skipper84
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. When i go into the tutorial folder for "Terrain" in that folder theres a skybox2 folder for the sky. Like i said ive used that skybox2.x file for my project and it worked now i have stars what looks like its in space but the thing is you can tell its in a sqaur. What i want is the skysphere whats in the dark matter media modles. Ive looked in them and seen alot of skyspheres and went into the space folder and found the ss.x file. I looked in there but when i look at it its shows a round object but its not textured its all white. I do the same thing what i did in my project but still doesnt work. where as the skybox2.x file is textured. how do i texture the skysphere. I hope this also makes sence hehe

Thanks.

A,B,C er line
randal
Years of Service
User Offline
.x files already contain their texture info.

Make sure that the texture is in the same directory as the model.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:37:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:37:47