Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / EZROTATE problems

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 05:03
Im trying to get some old working code to compile and make some improvements on my vista business machine but after installing the lates dark GDK, vista SDK and EZrotate i get the following errors. If you look toward the last few it seems the headers or something arent right see code snippet

Any Help you can give would be greatly appreciated

PS i have included what i beleieve is all the necessary include files and libs and have one other part compiling and working even with EZrotate included but used minimally

fubar
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 07:14
That isn't a code snippet, so how can we help?

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 07:47
Thanks but the above wasnt code

but it shows that the EZrotate variables arent working whenever i try and use an easy rotate variable. It doesnt matter where they are declared either

the above code is what isnt working it used to work when i had it installed ages ago but the latest version im using now does not work

fubar
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 09:26 Edited at: 21st Jul 2009 09:47
EZRotate stopped using it's own inbuilt Vectors a few updates ago as far as I know, I have an old version I scabbed from a mate when he decided to get out of IT, I think it's version 4.0(thats what the docs say anyway)... In the DOCS it says that you should declare and use the DirectX Vectors, matrices and quaternions...

You can instance the dx object as follows :

Also, the functions that are inside EX-Rotate that relate to those types now return and take as arguments, those types, instead of the old EZRo ones, so it will be nessecary to go through your code and change over all of your vectors/matrices and quats...

A couple of function defs as example from the header :

EDIT : Your first Error in your post is caused by a typo, the missing semi-colon could also cause the 2 following it, but they could also be attributed to the missing EZRo vectors etc... All of the other errors are related to the missing EZRo vectors etc and so when you fix the typo and change the vectors/matrices etc over your code should compile.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 11:29
Ok that sorted out the errors

but im having some interesting effects converting

to this

The converted method (the 2nd one in compliance with updates)
nolonger rotates missile is there a change with the point to or some other problem im missing

Thanks for any help you can give

fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:29:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:29:47