Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Bitmaps and Sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 00:25 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 23:59
I'm working on a game that draws various numbers of small cubes to the screen as they are acquired, eventually numbering several thousand - too many for sprites. This is not a problem, as they do not move and require no interaction - however I will need to draw several images that do require sprite functionality to the same scene. How do I use dbPasteImage and dbSprite together while preserving the tranparency of both?

They call me crazy, but it is I who am insane!
Foz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 00:11
OK, scrap that question. Can anyone tell me where to find a tutorial that covers bitmaps, drawing to and from, displaying, etc...?

Drowneath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 04:04
When I got problems, I usually read the docs (DarkGDK.chm) found at DarkGDK\Documentation foldr, or browse the header files directly. There you'll find function names that you can use regarding bitmaps, sprites, etc.
Foz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 03:32
Yeah, I use the DarkGDK.html help file inside the Documentation folder all the time for quick help with syntax or to find the method I'm looking for, but I've found the other files inside that folder to be pretty useless unless you're wanting to create another Space Invader's game...I'll keep looking.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:37:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:37:11