Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How can i show my game to my friends?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to show my game to my friends... I want them to download it. I want convert all of it into a .exe file. How can i run my game from an exe file? I know there is when i go t my documents in my project folder but.. It wont load it. Please help me
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 19:44
Make sure the media is in the same relative directory as the executable.

Your_Health = (My_Mood == HAPPY) ? 100 : NULL;
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 05:27
Usually your .EXE file will be one folder deeper into your project that it needs to be if run from explorer directly instead of Visual Studio.

If you have left all of the project folder settings at their default values, when you compile your program in release mode, the .EXE file is created in the "<project name>\\Release\" folder.

What you can do, is simply copy the .EXE from the "Release" folder, one folder level lower to the "<project name>" folder and run it from there. As long as it was running and finding your media inside Visual Studio, it should find the media running it from there aswell.

The other option, is to copy your media from the "<project folder>" to the "Release" folder, but media in a project is usually alot larger than the .EXE on it's own so you may not want to do that.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:39:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:39:38