Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / free version of FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I changed my file as the link stated http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153576&b=21

but every once in a while, it will change back to the free version of FPSC. what should I do?
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 21:26
...one of the great inigmas associated with FPSC, I suppose.

Obviously this isn't happening to everyone, so it must be something unique to your machine, or what you're doing every once in a while...

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 21:30
Hi gladius

Does it happen after you buy something on the Gamecreator store?

It appears to remove the serial from my fpsc whenever I buy something from it.

Hope this helps in some way.

DC

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 21:31 Edited at: 24th Jul 2009 21:32
The more info you provide, the better chance of determining what the cause is.

Do you for instance...

Install model packs?
Use some type of file or registry cleaner?
Use the Windows Restore feature?
Run periodic spyware scans?
Download from the TGC store as Deathcow asked?
???

Provide your operating system and anything else you might relate it to.

Brian.

Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
gladius
Years of Service
User Offline
I think Deathcow might be on to something, now that I think about it does seem to happen after I buy form the TCG store. Does anyone know how to fix such a problem?
gladius
Years of Service
User Offline
However it could also be spyware scans as xplosys suggested...perhaps others with the problem will shine some insight on it.
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 07:38
If it changes to FPSC Free, then open your userdetails.ini and make sure your serial number is in there.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 17:40
Quote: "If it changes to FPSC Free, then open your userdetails.ini and make sure your serial number is in there."

Yes, that is the official fix, but what is the problem. What causes the file to be stripped of it's info, or deleted and a new "empty" file created?

Brian.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 18:31 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 18:36
Quote: "I think Deathcow might be on to something, now that I think about it does seem to happen after I buy form the TCG store. "

I noticed that too, but not all store items did it, just some.

Quote: "Yes, that is the official fix, but what is the problem."

I think I am going to just write a program to create that file with my information.

That way I can just click it's shortcut and it will fix it for me. (it's a shame when we are too lazy to copy/paste lol)

Or I could just wait for the migration, which will probably include a fix for this issue.

After all, this issue is only a problem when you are ready to build.
We can leave it saying free while testing and it really shouldn't matter.
That means we don't have to fix this everytime we download, just prior to building our EXEs.
So, this issue is really not a big deal when you think about it and that is probably why it has not been addressed yet.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 18:48
Quote: "So, this issue is really not a big deal when you think about it and that is probably why it has not been addressed yet."

I understand your thoughts, but I tend to view this by my way of thinking or doing business. If my client databases or web hosting accounts had an obvious flaw, and it was being reported and complained about, it would be a high priority to me. I also have other things to do... system builds, installs, networking, repairs/service, etc... but fixing a problem that is obvious and enough to be continuously reported seems like the priority here.

At the very least, I would expect some kind of official post from above acknowledging the issue, giving a temporary fix and stating when the issue expects to be fixed. I'm sorry, but just waiting for people to contact your support line about something you already know to be a problem doesn't seem like a good decision.

Like I said before, I have never had the issue and I'm not angry or trying to start a fight. If I did have the issue more than once, this post would be very different. I'm just making an observation.

Brian.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 19:04 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 19:06
Quote: "I'm sorry, but just waiting for people to contact your support line about something you already know to be a problem doesn't seem like a good decision."

Yeah, but there has to be a point where you have no more time left to deal with things and that is when setting priorities would come into play.

If it is an easy fix for the user (which it is), and you have the solution clearly posted (which they do), then it would be the last thing I am worried about.
Especially with the migration being so long overdue.
I think mentioning the grande intentions for X9 was the mistake made, but they had an angry mobb on their hands back then. lol
Now, that same mobb (or what is left of it) are stilll waiting and its only a matter of time before they are angry again.

As far as the support line, it's a copy/paste fix that is deserving of a copy/paste solution message for the support team responses.
All they have to do is paste the link to the forum thread in a reply email, and surely most of the people find the solution here before they ever email them.

lol

I used to say the same thing about this issue, "why don't they fix it already and avoid the complaint hassle", but now I just laugh at the ones who never see the red exclamation points.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 19:11 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 19:13
Quote: "Yeah, but there has to be a point where you have no more time left to deal with things and that is when setting priorities would come into play."

My point is that my priorities would be taking care of my existing customers, the ones who paid for the program and expect it to work properly.

I realize that customer service is fast becoming extinct, but that's just the way I was trained.

Brian.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
gladius
Years of Service
User Offline
well the It has not changed back to fPSC free again, I guess I may never figure out whats going on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 21:24:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 21:24:56