Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Default.js not found?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 01:37 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 01:38
Hi! My computer's hdd recently crashed so I have to reinstall everything, so I downloaded and installed VC++ and Dark GDK and the Direct-X thinger. But when I go to make a new project I get an Default.js not found error (see the screen shot attached). But I looked in that folder and the Default.js is there and I tried loading the Space Invaders example that came with Dark GDK and that worked perfectly. So how do I fix this? (I tried to reinstall Dark GDK and I rather not reinstall VC++ unless I have to because it takes a while)

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 02:38
Sorry for the double post but I made a work around so I don't need this anymore.

If you were wondering what the work around is then... This problem only occurred when trying to start a new project through the Dark GDK Wizard. But now all I do is make a blank project add a blank .cpp file and throw in the basic Dark GDK code and it works fine.

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 05:09
Im glad you fixed your problem, but if you check in the Installation sticky at the top of the forum you will find the instruction to fix your wizards manually if you want to...

It may have to do with the order you installed them in too, incase you didnt know, You need to install the Visual Studio IDE and run it once before you do anything else, then you need to install DirectX SDK August 2007, and then last you can install DarkGDK. Also, if you have put any of those into a place other than the default location, DarkGDK may not setup correctly.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:35:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:35:03