Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Successfully compiled a DarkGDK project in Code::Blocks

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 21:18 Edited at: 29th Jul 2009 23:34
Hi guys, I've been trying to get my project to compile in a different IDE ( Code::Blocks ), and I finally got it to work! Release and debug compiling is working perfectly!

If you're interested, here's what you have to do.

1. Download + Install Code::Blocks.
2. Import your VC Project from the file menu. Choose the Visual Studio compiler, which should be there if you have been using DarkGDK. ( This unfortunately means that you can't uninstall VS ).
3. Change these settings under Project->Build Options.

4. Now change these options under Settings->Compiler and Debugger:

If I remembered everything I did, you should be able to compile!

luxgud
User Deleted
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 21:50
This would be great if you didn't have to instal Visual Studio.
I havn't got a problem with Visual Studio but it would be so much nicer to work with just Dark GDK and Code::Blocks.

Thanks for you post
Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 22:26 Edited at: 29th Jul 2009 23:34
I've created a User Template similar to the one you get in Visual Studio. Now you don't have to mess with the options above, just create a new project using this template

This folder goes in Application Data/codeblocks/User Templates

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 04:52
Nice Work Phosphoer Im really glad you got DarkGDK working in another compiler, this will interset quite a few people im sure, as quite a few people seem to dislike Visual Studio. How much testing have you done with it? And are there any compatibility issues that you have run across so far ?

Again, congrats on getting it working, looking forward to you finishing Project Eres too, ive been keeping my eye on that one, looks cool so far.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:40:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:40:08