Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Multi Sync

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, i have heard about this multiplayer plugin that works well with Dark GDK, but i cant seem to find any actual links to it. Could someone please provide?

Thanks.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 01:40
Here is the link to the Program Announcement :

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99188&b=5

For future reference, the search buttons at the bottom of the page, below the posting panel, will get you a wealth of information and generally save you waiting around for someone to answer you. ( I got that above link by searching the forums for "Multisync" )

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the link, and i did search multi sync. Maybe the space made all the difference.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 08:17
Yep, I think you are right, I tend to search for whatever Im after using as many different ways as I can think of until I find something I need... for instance using multisync, I might search something like :

"MultiSync tutorial"
"Multisync commands"
"multisync problem"
"multisync help"
"using multisync with DarkGDK"

and terms like that, I gnerally break it up like that, rather than just searching for "multisync" on its own, as sometimes there are a huge amount of threads relating to a topic and its easier to sort through them like this, in my opinion.

And no worries about the link I hope you find what you are looking for, MultiSync is a cool little library, and its not hard to step up to something like DarkNet once you need the extra features.

Drowneath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 12:31
Unfortunately the searching ability for this forum's search engine is not as powerful as google

I believe there won't be any big differences between the search results of "multi sync" and "multisync" if the search engine is as great as google.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 13:12 Edited at: 27th Jul 2009 13:14
@Drowneath - I believe you will find that google will also return you different results depending on the exact phrasing that you give it, spaces included..... ie. "Multisync" will return difference search result then "multi sync" - its just how they work.. its searching for the string that you feed it..

search for "multi sync" :
http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enAU256AU256&q=multi+sync

search for "multisync" :
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enAU256AU256&q=multisync&meta=

As you can see, the search string is passed to the search engine in its string form, with spaces and capitalization intact. You can alter the way the engines percieve the strings you feed them to search with by formatting it with quote marks and commas etc..

edit : I do agree however that Google is a more powerful search engine... it has many extra features that a forums search doesnt, such as asking you if you "meant" to type something else..

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 14:17 Edited at: 27th Jul 2009 14:51
There is a "Google forum search" box under the forum which uses the Google engine. Try using that instead of "Thread subject search".
Drowneath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 15:28
Yes, but IMO it is also based on their popularity.
As you can see, both search results (in Google) of "multi sync" and "multisync" returns "MultiSync - A Synchronization Tool" (multisync.sourceforge.net) as the topmost result.

If the similar technology is implemented to the forum search engine, Multisync is supposed to be the topmost result for the search of both "multi sync" and "multisync". In fact, the main Multisync thread in the Program Announcements by Benjamin, is the most popular thread in the search term of "multisync".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:44:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:44:31