Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Mutiple UV's help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 13:19 Edited at: 28th Jul 2009 13:20
*edit* Woops I Spelt 'Multiple' wrong :\

I've found out how to do light mapping in blender and it's awesome! but I've came across a problem. Since I have models which I have been working on for a while and the UV's for them have some overlapping, to make texturing quicker and easier.

When I do a lightmap bake it obviously make shadows in wierd places because of the overlapped UV's. So I decided that I will make a second UV for the light map, using the automatic UV tool blender has, it got every nook and cranny making the light map perfect.

Unfortunately I have no clue on how to use multiple UV's in GDK. . I've tried uses the stages in dbTextureObject. It textures it but because the light map is solid (in colour) it doesn't let the diffuse map come through.

Please Help Me.

Many Thanks.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 14:25
You would need to change the vertex format of your mesh to enable it to have more than one set of UV's I think...

I cant remember off the top of my head which format you would need to use to have the extra set of UV's ... FVF format 338 is the standard one that is used by GDK, you can change it with the command : dbConvertObjectFVF(int ObjID, DWORD FVFValue);

Perhaps looking through the directx sdk docs would get you that info about FVF formats... or a google search

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
AFishStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 16:14 Edited at: 28th Jul 2009 16:16
woot I figured it out.

Thanks Mista Wilson for an interesting command, but since my .X model has two UV's in it, the FVF command wasn't that much needed.

The problem was (just for the record, so others who come across the problem can learn to figure it out) that I was using dbTextureObject when I should be using the blend tool.

I find this setting to be the best for light mapping

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:42:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:42:26