Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3D object/texture problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I am new to dark GDK and have worked out most things in my simple program, but I have got a problem with 3D objects that are behind a 3D object being seen through the front object.

To create my objects I have loaded a mesh from an .X file and then textured it from an image that I have also loaded. I have tried to use the dbSetObject function using the following flags ‘(ID, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1);’ but this still does not solve my problem.

Is there a function that I should be calling to not render objects that are currently blocked? Or is there a way of making the object texture block out items drawn behind it?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 16:33
Are you saying that your object is transparent?

Objects behind objects should automatically be blocked unless the polygons are not being drawn somehow.
Voddy
Years of Service
User Offline
No the objects have been set as solid and have been textured.
I think that the problem is that I have 125+ objects and they are causing a draw problem, as they flicker when being moved.
The flicker means that the ojects that are drawn behind are showing through.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:46:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:46:14