Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / dark physic for windows vista and the 1.5 update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 02:29
dose any one know if the dark physic and the update version of 1.5 work on windows vista?

I have tried using dp on vista, but have had no luck, I just wonted to know if any one had the same problem, and/or a fix to this problem?

just in case its my system:

cpu: core i7 920 @ 2.66
memory: 3gb triple channel ddr3 @ 1600mhz
gpu: xfx radeon 4890 @ 1gb ddr5
vista: home premium

I know the graphics card dose not support cuda, but this should only affect water creation etc, and I know that the cpu should just eat throe the rest like it was not even there, I don't wont to have to switch back to xp just so I can get some work done.

can any one help?

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
Doz
Years of Service
User Offline
everything works fine for me on vista 64-bit, what kinds of problems are you having?
dwalther2
Years of Service
User Offline
same here (works) also on vista 64
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 09:21
I have vista home premium on a laptop with ATI mobility HD2600 and it works great.

May the 3d force B with U
Splurk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 09:23
Everything is fine here with Vista
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 18:13
thanks to all.

I think its just me being a plum, I'll have a another go tonight and if it comes up with an error I'll post it.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 19:08
Don't know if this helps but if DBPro has not installed correctly then Dark PhysX will not work.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2009 03:56 Edited at: 5th Aug 2009 04:03
here was the problem

I feel like a tit for this, all I needed to do was open it with administrator permission, its my pc but my dad uses it so I locked him out from doing harm. LOL!...

thanks again for all the help

I also got the phyx water to work on my xfx4890 of witch I am happy as Lary.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2009 04:09
@ dwalther2

how well dose dbp & dp work on vista 64bit?

do you have any conflicts?

what are your system specs?

cos I am only running 32bit vista that's why I only have 3gb ram on an i7 rig.

Splurk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2009 09:16
Probably this is the account control that limit your rights in write access. Well, in this case create your own account with administrator privileges, and create a user account for your father.

Because there are no problems with Vista and DBPRO, I'm using both
dwalther2
Years of Service
User Offline
@sindore I have had no problems running dbpro or dp on Vista Premium Home edition 64 bit. I have a dual core Gateway FX. There have been no conflicts to this point. Have been running them since Feb.
Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
[quote]I only have 3gb ram on an i7 rig[quote]
pfft! The computer i was using up until a couple months ago (i gots meh a gaming laptop) was UPgraded to 512 mb of ram, and UPgraded to windows 98 >.>

My new comp runs windows vista, and i actually haven't experienced ANY incompatibility issues yet (err, none that cause a game to be unable to run), and i've used dark physics on this pc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:54:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:54:01