Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Error running .Exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello there, I'm relatively new to Dark GDK so I started it up and whipped up a simple 2 player pong game, and I have to say I'm quite pleased with how it turned out with this system. However I seem to be having a problem running the .Exe(s). Unlike my other c++ projects I've done with Allegro or other systems I can't simple to run the .Exe. When ever I try it just times out and freezes.

As I said before I'm relatively new to this, but not c++ and I've never gotten this error before.

When I try to release it, or run the .exe I get...

"Debug Information for Test Pong.exe dose not exists or dose not match. Binary was not built with debug information.

Do you want to continue Debugging?"

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Another note if it helps, if I just debug it normally and not in release mode or try to play the .exe it works perfectly fine.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 15:00
The error isnt really an error, its just telling you that its not going to debug properly for you(you wont get watches or many of the powerful debugging tools that are part of the IDE) because it has not been built with the correct information.

There is an option within the project settings, under either code generation or linker settings to specify that the project be built with debug info or not. I suggest only building with debug info in debug mode, as it tends to bloat your file size and memory footprint, aswell as slowing your code with all the extra overhead. Once you have finished debugging, distribute release build exe files.

Also, you need to make sure you are compiling with " /MT " Multi-Threaded libraries, not " /MTd " Multi-Threaded Debug libs, even in debug mode, dont tell it to use debug libs.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Necro_100000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 18:52 Edited at: 31st Jul 2009 21:03
Oh thanks for that. I forgot to change my /MTd to /MT.

That was silly of me. However I'm still getting the same error. We not exactly the same. It releases now with the Binary information attached. However when I still try and run just the .EXE I get a simple black screen that just times out and never loads up my Settings, Title Screen, or any of my c++. This being said it still works perfectly fine when I debug it in visual c++ 2008 express.

For additional information I have Vista Win32. (I still believe Win64 is junk) and I wonder if this may have caused some errors with Dark GDK. If not I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to this besides an error with Dark GDK.

More Information,
-All my other programs from visual c++ 2008 run fine as a released .exe

-If I use a wizard for the 2d or 3d game and debug it it runs fine but the .exe has the same error.

If anyone knows what's going on and can help it would be awfully nice if you could lend me a few words. Thanks in Advanced.

Edit:

*cough cough*

I fell kinda dumb but I fixed it... I forgot to include the resource files... No wonder it didn't work >.> lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:48:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:48:55