Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / True Type Fonts in Dark GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I've been working with Dark GDK for about... 2 days now. And I've been working with it non stop to find and try to use every feature I can think of in Dark GDK but then I run across an important... well wall.

I finally got down to make text and I wanted to know how to do so. Not with Bitmaps as the Tut that comes with Dark GDK shows, but using True type fonts that come with windows.

So is this possible? Can Dark GDK use .ttf(s)? I've looked around the forum and I found one post that made it look liked you could but how would you do this and what is the power of using .ttf(s)?

can you change their color? Can you change their font size? Can you use bold or Italics?

If anyone knows please replay. This is kind of been eating at me for a few hours and I can't seem to resolve it on my own.
Bubzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 01:14
From the darkSDKText.h

so...
dbSetTextFont("Times New Roman");
dbSetTextSize(50);
dbSetTextToBold();
dbText(0,0,"The Quick brown Fox Jumps Over the Lazy Dog");

works.... i hope this is what you mean.

void void void void void void void