Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / IntelliSense

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi still learning lol.

But the thing is the IntelliSense in GDK has stoped working. I can only get it to work by going up to the menu bar going to edit and down to IntelliSense and it list the short cut keys as well. But at first i would be typing and the IntelliSense would automatic come up while i was writing but now its stoped and the only way is doing it by the edit but on the menu. Was just wondering if there was a way to turnit back on thanks.

A,B,C er line
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
delete the .ncb file in your project folder and open your project up again. thats what usually fixes it

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 03:12
There's some functions that break it. Oddly enough, many Windows macros(functions) do this. Especially ZeroMemory.

If you wait a while, it'll come back on its own. However, prasoc's way will work.

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 03:24
Its due to the way it reads and updates it's database. Deleteing the database should work, but only because the next time you load the project, it will go through the project and rebuild everyting it includes, which will still take time to do, especially if you include a bit of windows stuff, which tends to include alot of other stuff.

You can press Ctrl-J to bring up the list of intellisense commands from where you are too, you dont need to navigate into the menu, if your cursor is over a command, it should highlight that command if it is in the database.

One thing I have noticed though is that the database is built procedurally, top to bottom, so if you are working on adding some commands to a function at the top of your code, most of whats under it will not be included in intellisense until the intellisense parser can get through to it. I think it is mainly due to open braces and the parser not being able to see end of lines or where functions start and stop properly.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 19:24
Ya i wondered why intellisense for ZeroMemory Has Never worked lol.

it doesn't work with any DXUT stuff either lol just saying.

New Site! Check it out \/
skipper84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 19:35 Edited at: 1st Aug 2009 19:36
yeah im just using the short key keys thanks.

A,B,C er line

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:40:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:40:46