Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / How to make a DLL with C Sharp???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 03:33 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 04:46
I find myself in a situation where I need to make a DLL for DBPro.

When it's done I'll be releasing it to the community, and will support it to the best of my abilities. It will probably lead to the creation of other DLLs along the way.

I have VB.Net 2008 Express, and C#.Net 2008 Express, which I'm pretty comfortable with using.

So is there some instructions or a resource that would help me figure out how to make a DBPro DLL using either of these languages? There have been links I've found during my search, but most of them lead to other sites that no longer exist, or to resources that are very far out of date.

Thanks.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 20:09
Anyone?

Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 21:14
I'm not to familiar with VB.net and C#.net yet( C++ for life! ). But, even with those languages in thier "Express editions", you would still need find a way to create your own DLL string resource table to allow DarkBasic Pro to know what commands your DLL has. As far as I remmember, the Express editions doesn't allow you to create a string resource like the Standard and higher versions do. I remmember seeing third party tools offered here on the forums, way back when, that would allow you to edit the dll's resource table directly to enter your own strings. Dunno what search terms to use to search for them on google though...

I would suggest if you know C procedural or C++ object orientated programming, try creating a simple dll for dbpro in C/C++ first. Go into the Dark Basic Professional Help File -> Technical Documents -> Third Party Commands( That's what I learned from ). If you can successfully create a dll for dbpro that way, then it should be trivial enough to find "like ways" with the other vb and C# langauges to create a dll for dbpro.

Again, basically my main concern here is with the express editions which wont allow you to create string resource tables. Unless something changed lately...

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 21:17
Quote: "the Express editions doesn't allow you to create a string resource like the Standard and higher versions do"

You can but you don't get a pretty spreadsheet style editor for the table. It is just the raw resource code with the strings. You have to right click it and say "View as Text" or something. It's silly, really I don't know why they don't just let us use the regular editor.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 22:01
Wow all this time I was thinking it was impossible with Express. Learnt somt'n knue. Thanks!

Well, if you can read through my babble... the Third Party Commands documentation should help for starters.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 23:23
Ok. Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 23:25:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 23:25:37