Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I'm still confused about copyright stuff...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 15:32
So... Someone (I don't remember who) said that movie posters, etc. can be used in non-commerical games, but I just can't believe it. Mostly because people say that images that are from google for example, can't be used.
So... How it REALLY is? Please answer and don't just lock the thread, please, at least not before it's answered?

My username is finnish, and it translated to english is: "CrazyIdiot" or something.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 15:42
Have as a rule: Never use anything you haven't made or don't have permission to use.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 15:49
Yeah, I thought so too, but... It's somehow weird.

My username is finnish, and it translated to english is: "CrazyIdiot" or something.
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 20:03
Well, in my opinion, if somebodies stupid enough to put something (let's say a texture) online without a watermark, and then say "you can't use this" they're asking for trouble. But yes, you can't use it unless you get permission.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 12:11
But... Some people use "copyrighted" stuff in their games, I think: For example, Wolf uses some sort of magasine covers, etc. in Sickening. (well, I can't know if they're free magasines or not, really, but... they don't look like that). Sorry Wolf, I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, I'm just asking about this thing.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 15:19
Quote: "But... Some people use "copyrighted" stuff in their games, I think: For example, Wolf uses some sort of magasine covers, etc. in Sickening. (well, I can't know if they're free magasines or not, really, but... they don't look like that). Sorry Wolf, I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, I'm just asking about this thing.
"

Invent your own magazine. Its to easy to ride on other peoples stuff. By making your own stuff will make you look like a pro. Even if your magazine looks like a pink box with some white letters on it.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 18:42
But the magasines in Wolf's game look really real! He must have some models living with him...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 21:23:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 21:23:55