Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Unable to find header file ?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Odd error ?

Error

Main.cpp

Main.h

I can't figure why it doesn't find the header file.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2009 19:06
Since main.h isn't typically created as part of the wizard I assume you created it yourself. Are you sure it was created in the same directory as main.cpp or one of the other include folders?

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Discan
Years of Service
User Offline
Everything is in "D:\Test game\Test\Test" including Main.cpp and Main.h. Suggestions ?
Discan
Years of Service
User Offline
Mod merge the posts when approving please.

Apparently I fixed it by putting the Main.h in the "D:\Dark GDK\Include" but that's weird to be honest.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2009 19:24
Quote: "Apparently I fixed it by putting the Main.h in the "D:\Dark GDK\Include" but that's weird to be honest."

Truly. It's almost as if your source directory wasn't in the include path. I've found that just because you create a file within a project it doesn't actually track the location. When it comes time to compile all it seems to know is the name of the file and the directories it needs to look in for include files. I'd modify the include paths for the project just to force it to look in your source directory. Having to have it in a commonly used directory isn't good for multiple projects.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Discan
Years of Service
User Offline
It finds everything else except identifier for gameTitle.

Main.h

Main.cpp
Discan
Years of Service
User Offline
Fixed it again apparently I was NOT adding functions to header file in "D:\Dark GDK\Include\Main.h" but in "D:\Test game\Test\Test\Main.h" rendering all modifications made useless since the program uses the header in the Include folder....Sorry.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:17:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:17:09