Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Animations won't loop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I try to load the zombie animations from the dark matter models, only the H-Zombie-Idle.x animation works, the others don't move, or mabey I'm doing something wrong?

Heres the relevant code:

What I want to know is how to get all the animations playing and working.
And help would be greatly appreciated

#ifdef __NEWBIE__
MakeAnAwesomeGame(lots of badies, lots of guns, lots of stuff to do, BIG level)
#endif
tomtetlaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump

#ifdef __NEWBIE__
#endif
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 15:43
You could just load all the different models and play their animations by positioning the model and starting it playing and hiding the others.. i know its kind of a cheat.. but until you get the hang of how appendobject works it will get you what you need...(thought cant be very efficient)

To use appendobject, you need to know the start and end frames of each model's animation. Then you append the first animation to the source, using the value of the source animation's last frame number as the value for where to append it. That value+the source animations total frame count will be the new source animation "last frame" for the next appending...

so, for example, you have 3 models, idle.x, run.x, fight.x ..
the model "idle.x" is numbered 1, the subsequent ones done need numbers as you arent actually loading them to use as objects, just take their animations. each of those models has 10 frames of animation(0-9). here is the code to load and append all of them :

The resulting object number 1 would have 30 total frames of animation(0-29), provided that all 3 models share exactly the same "rig" and mesh(ie. are the same).

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
tomtetlaw
Years of Service
User Offline
How come dbGetObjectTotalFrames( Zombie ) + 1 wouldn't work?

#ifdef __NEWBIE__
#endif

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:38:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:38:39