Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Modder ---> Switch Mods with a single click

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 14:39 Edited at: 7th Aug 2009 15:42
Hey guys. I have a very quick and simple program here. Its for free and the only thing you cant do is sell it or claim it as your own. It is basically a quicker way to switch the FPSC Mods around. Okay, the download is attatched at bottom of post. Instrunctions are below:

FPSC MODDER V1

Step 1: Copy the store version into the store version file in the FPSC Modder file.

Step 2: Copy the FPSC Mod (the FPSC-Game.exe) into the mod file (2 - Mod, 3 - Mod, 4 - Mod, 5 - Mod, 6 - Mod).

NB: 2 - Mod is where you place the first mod ect. The .exe which corrisponds to the "2 - Mod" is "FPSC - (Enter Name Of Mod 1)".

Step 3: Copy the files into your FPSC main file (not the the "files" folder the folder which contains that).

Step 4: Just create and rename shortcuts with the name of your first Mod.

Step 5: Copy across all the Shortcuts to your desktop (the standard FPSC Mapeditor is no longer neccessary).

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f85bcf45901c9ddae7ba8e3c6e11ce20a1b1cc0bfa073532c95965eaa7bc68bc

[href]www.arenas4146.webs.com[/href] --> F.R.A.G. HQ
JiMmYThEHaNd
Years of Service
User Offline
lol Sweet Been Hopeing For Sumthing Like This
i have about 7 mods that i have to keep renaming and that gets anoying
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well this only supports 5 atm, if you want i may be able to add some more mod spaces. It may take a while cause my upload speed is very slow.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
You are aware that some mods dont only use the modded FPSC-Game, but also other files?

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
But the key change in all mods is the FPSC-Game.exe right? Therefore you can have all files installed for every mod and so when you change mod only the FPSC-Game needs to be changed. And so far the only mod i know of which requires other files if PB, and that has been tested successfully with these programs.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 15:54
Cool but i rather do it myself lol.

[img][/img]
Have 1.15 FPSC? Use Apple Juice Mod! Totally free, and adds many features plus speeds to your games!
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But the key change in all mods is the FPSC-Game.exe right? Therefore you can have all files installed for every mod and so when you change mod only the FPSC-Game needs to be changed. And so far the only mod i know of which requires other files if PB, and that has been tested successfully with these programs."

I dunno where you have been looking. But almost every mod requires more then just one file. And there some problems sometimes. Like it would replace files of mods.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well this has been tested with:

Project Blue,
Ply's Mod,
Store version 1.09,
Store Version 1.15,
S4Mod,
Lemur,
Airmod.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
HMMMMM.......

Ok well good luck........

I hope you tested with all the extra files some mods makes. But ok. You probably know it better.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 17:22
You guys, you still have to place the files in the right places... It is JUST the .exe that it changes. It will not change the files that are in your "Files" folder, they will stay the same. So yes, it will work with ALL mods. So please test before you begin to tear it apart.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering why they didn't think that it worked. Perhaps I didn't explain it properly?

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@DarimC: The exe changes indeed. But like EFX Mod uses alot of files. Imagine you use that and use another mod that also uses alot of files. The files may become messed up. I am just saying. But keep this up. Would like to see the end result.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
With the files of EFX mod (and any oter requireing files), i can set up special files . I just need copies, can they be downloaded for free?

I recon what i could do is get a copy of each mod and sell the pack (giving the cost of each mod to the person who rightfully owns the mod). That would mean i would need to be given a copy of each mod.

If any mod owners like the idea could you please post

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 03:28
Quote: "@DarimC: The exe changes indeed. But like EFX Mod uses alot of files. Imagine you use that and use another mod that also uses alot of files. The files may become messed up. I am just saying. But keep this up. Would like to see the end result."
No it wouldn't, I know what you are trying to say but you are mistaken. All of the files for every mod will always stay in the same place. The only thing this program switches is the .exe. So if you have a databank folder for Horror Mod, and a water folder for EFX Mod, they would always stay in the same place, just the .exe's would change when you want to change mods. Does that make sense now? I don't think I can explain any better...

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 03:33
@Redeye. The files used in mods are called upon from the exe file. They will only be used when the exe is being used, just like any other fpsc file. When using a different mod, the first mods files will just be sitting there.
Get it now?

Eidos!
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, if you guys have any ideas for improvements, please just post them on this thread

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 13:14
Some mods require files other than the EXE....

But think about this...

Project Blue = £17

Horror Mod = £12

Apple Mod = £0 for free version, but ultimate will cost

Fenix Mod = £0

EFX = ?

Cranox Mod = ?

Given that EFX and Cranox are almost definitely going to be at least £15 each for a license, it'll cost £59 to buy this, plus the cost of the actual app you're making. It's a bit hefty if you think about it, also, the user will eventually just stick with one mod to develop their game, so it'd become unnecessary...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 14:18
nice idea, I have about 5 mods that I cant be asked replacing exes around for, this will help, thx

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's taller than 600x120
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
But i wonder if the people who made the mod would be willing to negotiate? Or i recon i should just get the most popular mod and have that single mod comming with the package? So if I call a vote on the mods and the winner of the vote is the mod which will come with the modder.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@Rampage and Darimc: You both dont understand what i meant. But thats is ok.

Anyway: Just little example: Imagine if 2 mods have exactly the same name of file (like settings.ini and settings.ini), but they havce different things in it. And you would only switch from EXE, what would mod 1 do with a settings.ini of mod 2 and otherwise?

Get it now?

Anyway, good luck matey. I am sure you will have it done.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
If you have a real life example... Post any problems like that here and i will make special executables for that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 21:24:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 21:24:15