Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / My music - Feedback needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 08:00
Hey, I bought FL studio a while back, and I recently upgraded to XXL edition. I decided to post a few of the pieces Im working on, and get some feedback. Most of these are still WIP, and Im looking for ideas as to what to add onto them.
So, tell me what you think!
(WinRAR archive attached.)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Monarchy One
Years of Service
User Offline
They're pretty good (melody-wise), but I'd just add more instruments. They just seem to need more than a beat and a melody. In my opinion, a background and mid-ground would compliment the tracks very well =)
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2009 02:49
yeah, thats my biggest problem. I can get the main beat and melody down, but I have a hard time figuring what to add in after that.

I have a devious mind.
BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 02:29
I think the next logical step would be a countermelody/bassline. Go with what sounds good to your ear. Sometimes a clashing melody & bassline can be cool, especially if it's written toward the end of a melodic phrase to build up tension, and then "released" by going to an interval that would solidify whatever key your melody is in.

After that I'd recommend looking at chord progressions, put those in an instrument that can have a lot of presence, but doesn't overpower the melody. In a lot of songs you hear chords being played by synthesized strings, right?. This works well because the timbre of the string synth is soft, and (assuming you don't do anything weird in the mix like double its volume) so won't overpower the main melody which is usually played by an instrument with a more definite articulation or attack.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:41:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:41:08