Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Why [Short Game]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 06:20 Edited at: 10th Aug 2009 04:11

Another short game.
It didn't turn out to be as good as I expected though. It's more of a picture viewer than a game...
(It's audio-less by the way)

Screenshots:

Notice: There are images in the game that may considered 'perverted' and/or 'too emotional'. If you think you find any of them offensive, I recommend not playing it.
Even so, no nudity, blood/gore, sex related, and violence are shown in the entire game.

Download links:
MediaFire
Sendspace

Gameplay:
-Put your mouse over the black circles to turn them white.
-Click a circle to remove.
-There are 9 layers of circles in total.

Softwares used:
Adobe Photoshop
DarkBASIC Professional
Gamecrypt (plugin)

Video

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 07:49 Edited at: 9th Aug 2009 07:57
a few times through and the visuals are great, as expected. i love the mouse trails, explosions and other "particle" effects that i couldn't begin to pull off myself the rotating circles were interesting and, frankly, inspiring from a wannabe programmer perspective. namely, it gave me an idea how a "pick sprite" (and pick object) functionality could be effected without the performance hit inherent to the native db pro command (and past attempts to create a pick sprite command), so thanks for that

good stuff, as always, mike. thanks for sharing!

add: quick question for you - my desktop runs 1680x1050 yet Why plays at 800x600. i see 1280x1024 graphics available (and larger, but this would fit in a window on my desktop, so...) and i'm wondering Why?

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 08:13
@Virtual Nomad: Thanks... I wanted to save up space and shorten loading time, so I went with 800x600...

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 15:43
Mike I'd say your the best artist TGC has on it's forum. Even though you like the more inappropriate side of art...

Still looks great!

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 16:41
@Darth Vader: Thank you, but I have to quite disagree... If I remember right, there's a member here who got in place in the Dominance War IV...

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 04:01
Quote: "If I remember right, there's a member here who got in place in the Dominance War IV..."

That was Jon Fletcher, but he doesn't count, because we're pretty sure he's not human.

Anyways the game was very cool, though a bit hard to understand at first. Nice job.

i like orange
White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 15:58
I cant wait till Who and What!

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 01:48
Yeah, I really like your art style. I saw your "Draw with me" animation over at deviantart. Great work on that too!

Downloading...

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 02:46
@AndrewT: Lol
@White Fang 12: Honestly, 'Who' was shortly worked on before, but I stopped... Too hard to finish, heh...
@zzz: Thank you! Glad you like 'Draw with Me'

ThatOther Person
Years of Service
User Offline
I have effectively no idea whats going on in that game but I still think its really awesome. Probable the most visually interesting and impressive DarkBasic game (or possibly any game in general) I have ever seen.

Sumiku
Years of Service
User Offline
Very interesting game concept

my deviantART page: http://sumiku.deviantart.com/
Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 01:22 Edited at: 21st Sep 2009 01:25
Hi Mike Inel,

I really like the art-style, especially the colouring of your pictures, the effects are very elaborate and fit the style. I find a little bit of music, even if only a gentle tune in the background could add a lot to the atmosphere and I think atmosphere is what you were going for with this program(?)
To be honest i found the game itself rather boring and what put me off a bit was the ammount of self-advertising. Mike Inel here and Mike Inel there, on every screen you can unlock, in the download-link, your sig and the image you posted first.
I'm probably exaggerating but i think a simple splash-screen before the game would have been enough to tell everyone who created this program and the art related to it. I don't want to offend you, it's just my humble opinion and as i said before, i really like your style

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:38:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:38:50