Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Registry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone know specifically how the registry commands work?

Quote: "dbWriteToRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\NeoVance\\DownFall", "DisplayMode", i);"

Thats how I am trying to use it, and I cant seem to make it work.

if(enemy == Amnzero) runAway();
Amnzero->WebSite = L"http://neovance.com/";
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 08:09 Edited at: 11th Aug 2009 08:09
GDK(and DBPro) forces you to store stuff from HKLM which may be why that isn't working, or at least not as expected. It's probably best to just use WinAPI directly for this, the same goes for most small things GDK wraps(as it usually does it quite poorly).

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 08:15
Download the screensaver demo from the DarkGDK page at www.thegamecreators.com

Its a proper windows screen saver, made using darkGDK and dark physics.

As a proper screen saver it accesses the registry to write its options and things, I remember looking at that when I was doing this myself. There may be other examples, but thats the one I know off the top of my head that comes from a working app as such, so is probably close to an optimal way of doing it.

That screensaver is also great to look at for a number of different things, completely besides the physics(which is handy aswell, its using quite a few darkphysics techniques) it is a GDK application that has NO window, it uses the screen saver tab thats part of the windows display properties applet to display its options and even itself in a preview window, you can see in the code how they achieved it, quite interesting. The media for it all us stored inside the EXE using a program called molebox, which is another nice technique to look at if you need something like that.

Its quite a showcase of intermediate to advanced GDK techniques i've found.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Dark Coder. I had not come accross that tidbit of info yet, and turned out to be the problem I was facing.

Thanks Mista for the screen saver info. That sounds really cool. I think I will have a look into that when I am ready to start coding my physics. I am thinking of using the PhyxSDK directly though, instead of Dark Physics.

if(enemy == Amnzero) runAway();
Amnzero->WebSite = L"http://neovance.com/";

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:41:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:41:39