Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Leaning Objects to the Side (AKA: Tanya).

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 18:27
Tanya,

I've been dying to ask, and I know others are curious too; are you planning on making a game with all the media you've downloaded/bought?

You have got to be the most grateful/polite person here, and you have to have the largest collection of media out of all of us....

So; I've just got to ask, are you planning some kind of monster game, or are you just someone who likes to support all the developers here?

I'm asking this question in the sincerest possible way.

-Keith
Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 18:31 Edited at: 13th Aug 2009 18:33
As far as I am aware, that account is a forum bot. Despite apparently downloading pretty much everything, it has never created a thread, and only posted on others. Any post the account makes are pretty much the same, except that she replaces the topic title and author of each one

I may be wrong, but...

Either that, or she is a very strange person

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 19:11
Quote: " that account is a forum bot"

I don't think so..she sometimes postes something on youtube with the same name
Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 19:16
Maybe she isn't then. It's still weird how she's got all this media, but never posted a thread or made a game...

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 19:17
Like I said; maybe she just wants to support the developers here with cash and/or praise?
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 19:37 Edited at: 13th Aug 2009 19:38
MODS PLEASE LOCK

J/K

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I've always wanted to make this thread but I was afraid it would get locked...I look forward to seeing the answer.

Quote: "As far as I am aware, that account is a forum bot. Despite apparently downloading pretty much everything, it has never created a thread, and only posted on others. Any post the account makes are pretty much the same, except that she replaces the topic title and author of each one"

I'm pretty sure she's real. I believe she has a youtube account and she was also part of a few other forums.
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 19:46
Quote: "I believe she has a youtube account"

Yep she does, she commented on a couple of my videos.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 19:47
Quote: "You have got to be the most grateful/polite person here, and you have to have the largest collection of media out of all of us....

So; I've just got to ask, are you planning some kind of monster game, or are you just someone who likes to support all the developers here?"

That is EXACTLY what I have always thought!!!

And voila!, a thread...from a mod!

~Wizmod and Apple Juice Owner/Deverloper~
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 19:56
I would like to know where she gets ALL this money from. She buys like everything thats sold on the TGC forums.

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 19:57 Edited at: 13th Aug 2009 20:09
Quote: "Like I said; maybe she just wants to support the developers here with cash and/or praise?"

Hey, KeithC, Thanks for looking out! I support Good talent..I don't like to knock people down...I like to build people up! if that makes me being weird..then so be it..you are entitled to your own opinion.

Quote: "As far as I am aware, that account is a forum bot "

First off, I am not a bot! just because i support people in what projects they are working on or media they are selling..does not make me a BOT!

Quote: "Either that, or she is a very strange person"

Your opinion! Sorry. If that's how you feel.

Quote: "Despite apparently downloading pretty much everything"

And what! i also give back to the forums! I don't just take i give as well.

Quote: "I would like to know where she gets ALL this money from. She buys like everything thats sold on the TGC forums."

My parents. I do chores around the house. I save my money for things that i want to buy. I hope that answers your Questions.

If, i can remember correctly..i have paid for one of your model packs..i have even brought the same model pack for someone who didn't have the money to buy your pack...My friend its called giving back to the community.

My opinion, we need more people like me on this forum..people who support each other..not knock people down..

I hope all have a great day, even you marc steene.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 20:00
so...you support the forums. Cool..

And you arent making a super game? you just like to be ridiculously nice?

That isnt possible for humans!!!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 20:23 Edited at: 13th Aug 2009 20:40
Quote: "I would like to know where she gets ALL this money from. She buys like everything that's sold on the TGC forums."

I could easily buy every model pack that is available, without punching too much of a hole in my paycheck. So that's rather irrelevant. What matters is, is that Tanya's been the same nice person since I've known her....starting way back in '05. I think she may have even bought my old WWII Pack, back in the day.

Were you going to try your hand at making a game though, Tanya?

-Keith
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That isnt possible for humans!"

Apple Slicer,yep,I am just that ridiculously nice. i know its hard for you to believe but it's true..

Quote: "Yep she does, she commented on a couple of my videos."

Gamer X, I really love your youtube videos! keep up the Awesome work.

I hope all have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 20:35
Tanya is the nicest person on these forums and always has been!!

Signature's are stupid.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 20:38
I love ya Tanya! I agree with ya. That is why FPI EditPad is free and also my RPG mod. I can afford to be generous but it is amazing, you are giving from "chore" money. That's like the widow putting her last coin in the offering box.

Ridiculously nice is possible for humans, but usually only through the One whom we rely on. I tried to make that statement as generic as possible.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 20:40
Yeah, I've asked a LOT of people if Tanya is brewing up some kind of ultra-secret game with all the media she's purchased/downloaded. It's kind of weird to get lots of in-game content and not make a game, especially as she's enquired a lot as to whether they work in X10 or not.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 20:40
III...CANANNATT TAKE IT...NOT posSible. My programminG DoesNt Allow sucH KindneSs.

~Program Terminated~

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 20:47
Quote: "My parents. I do chores around the house. I save my money for things that i want to buy. I hope that answers your Questions."

That's the only answer that surprised me. The level of maturity and courtesy you display here made me think you were older. You have my respect and I know the respect and admiration of many here. You are the mark that any community member should aspire to. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Thanks for all you do.

Brian.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 21:00
I've seen her join on this account, and ever since the first day she's always been there to support the people around here, wether she got flamed at or not. She always tried to help others out! Even though she does not make a game(or not one visible to the public that is) she is still a valuable member of the FPS Creator community, not just because she gives away... No, Kind users are what we need as well. A community would fall apart if it weren't for the few kind souls around, if everyone was just a greedy <Think of your own words here, not allowed to swear > half the community would have been gone already, and I for one would have never come back to this place(I doubt anyone really remembers me, besides a handfull But still, I stopped really using FPS Creator ages ago, yet I still lurk around trying to help where I can.).

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 21:24
People give stuff away because of wonderful, kind and grateful people like Tanya.

Love you Tanya! ^_^
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 21:39 Edited at: 13th Aug 2009 21:40
This thread deserves a big thanks, to Tanya.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 21:48
Yep; thanks Tanya!
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 21:51
Quote: "That's the only answer that surprised me. The level of maturity and courtesy you display here made me think you were older. You have my respect and I know the respect and admiration of many here. You are the mark that any community member should aspire to. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!"

Maybe she is.... Im 40 and I do chores at my house for money. no j/k lol

Quote: "If, i can remember correctly..i have paid for one of your model packs..i have even brought the same model pack for someone who didn't have the money to buy your pack...My friend its called giving back to the community."

Yup, you did! Thanks for it to!

Anyway, I think Tanya should get one of those community awards. Valued Member or whatever they are. To me, she deserves it.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 21:56
Quote: "Anyway, I think Tanya should get one of those community awards. Valued Member or whatever they are. To me, she deserves it.
"

I agree

Signature's are stupid.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 22:01
I agree, too.

Tanya, you're really an awesome person, being so nice to everyone.

^My game, Gore Club Mission^
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 22:04
Quote: "Anyway, I think Tanya should get one of those community awards. Valued Member or whatever they are. To me, she deserves it."

I second that notion as well! We truely appreciate the spirit and happiness, the cheerfulness and kind attitude you portray on a daily basis. You are a valued member

Something that caught my eye though....every time someone has posted the question of whether or not you're still secretly making a game, you haven't said yes - but you haven't said no either
Which is it? Haha

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 22:08
We want a game from you! We want a game from you! We want a game from you! We want a game from you!

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 22:11 Edited at: 13th Aug 2009 22:12
Quote: "That's the only answer that surprised me. The level of maturity and courtesy you display here made me think you were older."

actually me too..

you don't know how much I respect the way you motivate every member in this forum..

but if u wouldn't mind I do still have one question, why haven't u tried to make ur own game? u'd probably be the first girl to ever do this.. and with a proper idea u may come up with an FPS game that girls actually play..

OFF-TOPIC: is it ok to make a topic to get to know all the bright members of FPSC community (their age, where are they from, etc..) or is it againest any rule?

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 22:18
Just because she doesn't showcase her games, doesn't mean she isn't making any. She probably just likes to play around with it. Much like Thraxas does actually.

Signature's are stupid.
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 22:21
Quote: "We want a game from you! We want a game from you! We want a game from you! We want a game from you!"

you sure... I hope she doesn't mind, but here is a test of Horror Mod that she made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJ-BIlGq1w

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 22:27
Quote: "you sure... I hope she doesn't mind, but here is a test of Horror Mod that she made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJ-BIlGq1w"

Wasn't bad either. I like the sound effects in it.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 23:43
I respect Tanya a lot, and I do not think she is at all weird, just extremely nice. She was at Indie Game Dev with us when it was still around and she was always so supportive. She is one of the people who are always looking at the positive side of things, and that motivates people and makes them feel better. I think she is a lot of the reason why people continue to make free media, because of her, and other members who also comment and respect people. And I would love to see a game that you have made with all that media Tanya .

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Always been one of the most respectful folks on these forums, I too agree Tanya should be a valued member. She is most definately NOT a bot, I am friends with her on youtube and have spoken with her on occasion thru' e-mail. Tanya has purchased all members work on here and always been first to say how much appreciates the free items given away. She is also one of the prettiest members of these forums, aside from me of course
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 00:18 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 00:21
VALUED MEMBER! VALUED MEMBER!!
I think no words can descirbe how cheerful, motivational, kind, and all those other awesome qualities Tanya is. She deserves a super awesome badge that no one else has.

But...I must say I am terribly curious as to wether or not you've got a game in the works Tanya.

EDIT: Just checked out that youtube video and it was awesome!! Apart from being a little dark the level design was excellent.

All the best,
dark peanut

Check out my Ultimate Competition Entry here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153854&b=25 Ultimatum: The Final Deadline

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 00:48 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 01:05
Quote: "Were you going to try your hand at making a game though, Tanya?"

KeithC, as a matter of fact i was working on a game...but lost it when my hard drive crashed. now i am working on making another game called "

The Crypt" btw..i did buy your WWII Pack..loved it! still have it.
Quote: "Tanya is the nicest person on these forums and always has been!!"

Hey thanks Jenkins! it's nice to know that not everybody is not mean or rude to everyone! one thing my parents have taught me is to be a Leader

not a Follower...and..in order to gain Respect, you must Give Respect...and...to treat people as you want to be treated.

Quote: "I love ya Tanya! I agree with ya."

F l a t l a n d e r That means a lot to me! I love you to!

Quote: "Yeah, I've asked a LOT of people if Tanya is brewing up some kind of ultra-secret game "

haha..Aaagreen no, I am not brewing up some kind of ultra-secret game..i have made a game and lot it in my hard drive crash..now staring on my

new game called" The Crypt" btw..I have both FPS Ver9 and 10.

WOW..xplosys, i am speechless!! I don't know what else to say..I love and respect your work and you as a person!

Quote: "I doubt anyone really remembers me"

Silvester, i remember you! long time no see stranger...it's always good to see you! I hope all is good with you.

@ Red Eye,Brian,KeithC,Jenkins,Lewis,rolfy,dark peanut,SekoIdiootti,Braden 713,Bibo4PC,Darimc and many others on this forum I have nothing but love and Respect for what you guys have done or giving to this community! if me taking a lot of crit for being supportive...so be that as it may! it's well worth it! i say we should all ban together and make a difference.

Quote: ""Maybe she is.... Im 40 and I do chores at my house for money. no j/k lol""

Robert F, I don't just do chores around the house, I also babysit for my brothers...i have 5 brothers and no sisters..i am the youngest.

Quote: ""We truely appreciate the spirit and happiness, the cheerfulness and kind attitude you portray on a daily basis. You are a valued member" "

Braden 713 that reallys means a lot! the answer to your next Question:"every time someone has posted the question of whether or not you're still

secretly making a game, you haven't said yes - but you haven't said no either...well I guess you will half to wait and see..haha

Quote: ""I respect Tanya a lot, and I do not think she is at all weird, just extremely nice. She was at Indie Game Dev with us when it was still around and she was always so supportive. She is one of the people who are always looking at the positive side of things, and that motivates people and makes them feel better. I think she is a lot of the reason why people continue to make free media, because of her, and other members who also comment and respect people. And I would love to see a game that you have made with all that media Tanya""

WOW..Darimc, that was deep! I respect you to! My parents always tell me to surround myself with positive thinking people. reason being, negative people will try to break your spirit.I got to keep staying positive and good things will come my way.. Darimc I see great potential in a lot of people on this forum..We have a lot of talented people that needs to be commended on the work that they do..i see nothing wrong with me being very supportive..you know what i mean.. Maybe people should try it sometimes.

With that being said, I still have nothing but Love,Respect and Admiration for you guys! Keep up the Awesome work Guys! I hope all have a great day. My thoughts for today " Respect and Treat others as you wish to be treated.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 01:14 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 01:14
EDIT: Nevermind

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 02:25 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 02:27
I kinda thought she was the MOTHER of a forum member, hence the "motherly" personality she always displays here.

Anyway, I guess it's a bit disarming that someone has an internet persona that displays restraint and genuine kindness. Most people (including myself at times) use the internet to express things they would never say to someone else face to face.

She's just a genuinely nice person.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 02:28 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 02:29
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 02:44 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 02:44
Sorry for double posting but: I think you understand much better the position (dunno really how to mention it) of her is, if you look and watch ALL of her movies, on youtube.

I think you are doing great job.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 03:29
That FPSC video you made Tanya is great! Very atmospheric, love the ambient sounds

@ bond1 - Cheese Cake emailed you...LOL you should check for it

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I kinda thought she was the MOTHER of a forum member, hence the "motherly" personality she always displays here."

Bond1, nope no kids...haha..i have many nephews and nieces..but thanks for the compliment.

Red Eye, I hate that video..please remove it off the forums. thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sorry for double posting but: I think you understand much better the position (dunno really how to mention it) of her is, if you look and watch ALL of her movies, on youtube."

Red Eye, now what is that suppose to mean? hemmm

Quote: "I think you are doing great job"

at what?

Cheers,
Tanya.
Years of Service
User Offline
Braden 713, Thanks! better lighting this time...haha

Cheers,
Tanya.
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 04:28
Quote: "That's the only answer that surprised me. The level of maturity and courtesy you display here made me think you were older. You have my respect and I know the respect and admiration of many here. You are the mark that any community member should aspire to. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!"

I couldn’t have said it any better !

Quote: "She's just a genuinely nice person."

I second that!

I just had to post after reading this post Tanya, I think you are nicest person ever to grace TGC forum, I have never heard you make a negative post about anyone, and they should make a trophy avatar for ya !!

Best
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 05:06 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 05:39
Haha, I love how this thread started.
I think Tanya is easily one of the nicest people in existence, but she's got competition for first place.
Anyways, I love how she loves to support and build up instead of bringing down, it's actually something I'm working on right now, and I am taking her, and someone else as a role model. Hopefully I can become her cyber-bro in the future (those of you with a dirty mind, don't think wrong.)
And she is absolutely not a strange person, just because she's nice doesn't mean she's weird now.
-Adrian
PS: I love you Tanya. Remember when I said whoever I love as much as Taylor Swift is special?
Well... you feel special now? ^^
I really think you deserve that valued member sign beside your name, as well as millions of nominations for another forum moderator.
Prettiest around the forums? Not sure, but you've got a great inside.
To Rolfy: Remember when bond1 said that he became a valued member for his exceptional physical attractiveness? Is it about time for you? ^^

I love Taylor Swift.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 05:11
Tanya is the nicest person I know, at least online. Usually, when I log on anywhere I expect people to be extremely rude and self-minded. Tanya is the exact opposite. If more people were like Tanya, the world would be a much better place.

Cheers

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 05:34
Good on Ya Tanya.

All the best of luck for the future.

Cheers
Ross
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 05:37
Yes it would, and then we will all have pie and wear silly hats lol

anyway, here is what I am agreeing with

Quote: "Tanya is easily one of the nicest people in existence"

Quote: "VALUED MEMBER! VALUED MEMBER!!"

and many more

I attempt to be friendly to everyone myself, but sometimes I have a short fuse.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 05:48 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 06:02
Quote: "it's actually something I'm working on right now, and I am taking her, and someone else as a role model."

Adrian, you are so crazy. I am glad that i have made a difference. the more people like us the better.

Quote: "I can become her cyber-bro in the future (those of you with a dirty mind, don't think wrong.)"

Adrian, cyber-bro hell yea!! Thanks!

Chupa cabra, for you and other members that have came to my defense today...I really appreciate it!..some of the bad crits I have taken today was all worth it...i would do it all over again.Thanks again guys! You guys are the best!

Quote: "Tanya is the exact opposite. If more people were like Tanya, the world would be a much better place."

Coach Shogun 20, i strive to be different. I'm a leader not a follower. Thank You for the kind words! By The Way..what you have just posted..you are absently right! hopefully other people will follow my lead. I hope you guys have a great day.

Cheers to all,
Tanya.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:20:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:20:20