Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbSetWindowSize() ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
what size is fullscreen?
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 20:21 Edited at: 13th Aug 2009 20:23
Try looking at these two commands:
Quote: "dbSetDisplayMode
This command will set the screen display mode if it is available on the current graphics card. This command will not cause your program to fail on machines that do not support the resolution. It is recommended, however, that you check the availability of the display mode before using this command. You can use the dbCheckDisplayMode command to see whether the display mode is supported.

Syntax
void dbSetDisplayMode ( int iWidth, int iHeight, int iDepth ) "

and...
Quote: "dbSetWindowOff
This command will deactivate Windows Mode.

Syntax
void dbSetWindowOff ( void ) "

Full sceen is the max resolution that the user's display supports but you will still see the application window if you don't use the 2nd command I listed. I think so anyways never set an application to use 1680x1050 resolution in windowed mode

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 12:23 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 12:28
You can find out what resolution the user's screen is set to at the moment by using these commands:

Upgraded versions of Dark GDK also know the dbDesktopWidth and dbDesktopHeight commands, I think they should return the same values. If you set your window to this resolution, then it will be full-screen, and you can remove the window title by either the dbSetWindowOff or by the dbSetWindowLayout command (the latter is still windowed mode but you can remove the title bar).

Note that the current resolution is not necessarily the maximum available resolution. You can find out the full range of available resolutions with the dbPerformChecklistForDisplayModes command.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:18:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:18:46