Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbSync ( ) is an Unhandled Expression??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 21:20
Hi! Yesterday I was trying to use the 3dws loader for my game and it wasn't working because I kept getting "Unhandled Expression" messages and it pointed at a bracket after my dbSync() at the end of the main loop. So I know it's a problem with dbSync(), but I eventually fixed it by changing something... I forget what, but just today I tried using a shadow mapping example made by _Pauli_ and now it's doing the same thing but it's now doing it after a dbFastSync ( ) so what's causing this to happen? I will post code that you think is related to it if you ask, because my project is over 1,000 lines so I don't want to post it all.

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 00:41
Are you sure it didn't say 'Unhandled Exception'? Anyways post a snippet of your code containing the line that's generating the error.

i like orange
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 01:13
Whoops yea unhandled exception is what it said, if it occurs it's usually here:

at the end of the main loop.

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 01:38
Its unlikely that it will be a sync causing the problem.

Set breakpoint at various place in your main loop, then step through it and see which ones it gets past before it crashes. Once you know that, you can narrow it down further till you find the exact call thats making it crash...

Check that you arent accidentally deleting some memory that the program thinks should be there, or addressing some memory after it's been deleted

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:23:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:23:45