Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / General forum question...

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 17:58
I don't know where i should post this, but since i'm mostly active in DarkGDK i will post it here...

What requirements do i have to fulfill so that my "noob" forum account is like a regular account?

It's very annoying to not see your own posts immediatly...
(But i understand what all this is good for - i hate spammers too)
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 18:05
Hmm well no offense but the first requirement is to learn to read... just click on the link when it says your thing is on post review or whatever and it'll tell you why.

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 18:18
yes, i know, i've read that. but as i remember it just says what this is good for and why you're at that status in the beginning.
i just want to know what has to be done so i get a regular account...
like do i have to be signed up for a specific amount of time or do i need to have a certain amount of good posts, something like that.
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 18:21
the document says:

"How long does this last?
Not very. There are a combination of factors that the forum checks, it's not just based on the date you signed-up."

i was just asking for the factors...
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 18:55
I believe the exact factors are something that the forums mods have discretion over.

Basically, once you are proven not to be a spambot or a nuisance a mod will lift the probation. It usually takes around a week or so, but if you make some contributing posts it may be lifted sooner.

The idea is to let the mods know that you will be a valuable member of the community, its not only for spam bots either, some people are pests, and some people are just plain abbusive and aggressive and the mods have to police all that kind of thing.

You kind of need to forgive the harshness of the policy, but in reality this is one of the best forums that I actively participate in, I've never seen any spambots at all, and abusive/rude/pest members are dealt with quickly and fairly, and their posts removed if they are offensive, that kind of thing.

Anway, give it a little longer, your join date is only a couple of days ago, so its likely to be a few more yet

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 19:28
ok, i'm just a little excited to finally have a profile here
sorry for my impatience
and i agree, this is THE BEST FORUM ever!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 20:31
Quote: "I believe the exact factors are something that the forums mods have discretion over."

Not so.

We have no control over the initial join-up approval duration - only TGC and Rich know how that is determined - but we do have total control over the punishment approval.

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 02:50
ahh I see, no worries Ian thanx for pointing that out for me. I always thought it was the mods who did the probation lifting lol... Learn something new everyday

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:38:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:38:16