Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Woah! what is this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I have been using Dark GDK for some time now sucessfully everything has been working fine, but as of yesterday whenever I tried to compile anything GDK i get this crazy error

That was just the default 3D Dark GDK game project with NO changes to the code what so ever, what is going on here?

it was once said that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could re-produce the works of shakespear...
Now thanks to the internet we know that that is not true
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 04:02
hmm, this seems to be some serious directx problem! may be you should try re-install the directx SDK and/or redistributable.

what's so strange about this, is that it points to 'dxdiaginfo.obj'
DXDiag is the DirectX Diagnose App...
Funkbrotha10
Years of Service
User Offline
I know. that will be my next course of action.

it was once said that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could re-produce the works of shakespear...
Funkbrotha10
Years of Service
User Offline
and could it possible be because I have 2 versions of DirectX installed? i have the march 2009 and the august 2007 one. but is was working perfectly before with both of them installed

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 08:54
You can have both SDK's files on your system, I do, but you have to make sure that you IDE is setup to only point to one of them at a time.

You will get errors if you try to link with both SDK's at the same time, although the errors you are getting i dont know im sorry, it doesnt look like you are linking in both.

If it happened all of a sudden, check what software you have installed in the meantime and what it did. sometimes software installations can change others... windows update, that kind of thing..

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:18:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:18:19