Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Isometric map editor?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know were to find an isometric tile map editor? I am using Mappy but it keeps crashing and doesn’t seem to work very well with isometric maps, or maybe it's just Vista.

I just posted my current game, Battle Snake:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=156179&b=8

in the WIP board if any one is interested. Some feedback would be nice since there doesn’t seem to be very much love for 2d in that board… or maybe my games just suck, idunno.

Anyway, for my next game I’m thinking of using an isometric map. I could make my own editor I suppose but don’t really want to.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 13:18
You can try running it in compatibility mode. Hit the right mouse button on the shortcut or .exe for Mappy and select Properties, hit the Compatibility tab, click the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", select Windows XP in the listbox, and hit Ok.

If you create the editor yourself and the editor works good you've basically already created the map drawing and scrolling routines for the game itself. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

chwilly
Years of Service
User Offline
Compatability mode, duh, why didn't I think of that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:48:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:48:00