Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Walls for stairs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have created some stairs and need walls for them. I picked a corrider and selected paint walls only and painted the stairs segment but it seems that it has also painted a ceiling so I can't use the stairs. How can you do it so that it only paints the walls and not the ceiling for the stairs.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 16:01
Go to the floor above the stairs, press the 'F' key to go to the floor segment mode, then right-click the floor segment to remove it.

knxrb

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 16:06
Also, make sure you have an empty piece of room BEHIND the stairs, otherwise the wall will come through the stairs with some meshes, and it will hold the player back, or just look redicilous(Or on rare cases both).

So instead of
==>|

You'd have
==>=|

= - Corridor(Room, whatever)
> - Stairs
| - End wall

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
goku127
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried going to the floor above and removing the floor segment but its still there.
goku127
Years of Service
User Offline
I manged to get it working. I first picked a room segment with only one wall and placed it on both sides of the stairs. Before I tried selecting a corridor segment rather than a room segment which caused the problem. Thanks to all who helped.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:17:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:17:08