Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Teroton Plugin Mod - Open Source

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 08:42
Awesome another new mod

Although I think the idea for this mod is pretty different then most on here and it is in its very early stages, but I wanted to see the interest and support I would get for this to see if I would continue.

So what is the point of this mod?

The point is to have the ability to use external plugins(in the form of dlls) in FPSC and any mod that uses my plugin system should be able to use any plugin made for it.

Of course, it may not be as limitless as a source mod, once it is done you should be able to do plenty. Such as creating more and better ai commands (my original intent for creating this) which can be used in any mod using this system. You should also be able to add more commands for entities, cameras, maybe even file encryption.

How's it going to work?

Basically if someone makes a dll in C++ using my template, you can add it into the pluginsbank folder which will be looked in by FPSC and loads all plugins in there. Then you can use any commands in the plugins as fpi commands.

Right now its only a Proof-Of-Concept, it can load a plugin and call an fpi command. So the system isn't totally worth adding yet to your mods, but I just wanted to see if there was any interest in this. Do modders want to add this to their mods(The advantage of using plugins is only there if you can use it in plenty of different mods)? And are their any people interested into diving into C++ and making plugins?

Making plugins for this may be a good way to learn some C++ since making the simpler plugins should be easy. I'm hoping I'm not the only one going to make plugins, if I am I'll probably stop working on this mod.

Before I go on and uploading the code/plugin for this to work I'll see what people think about it first and probably add more to the plugin system (support for parameters, retrieving and sending data to FPSC). Right now I don't think the POC is worth showing as the most you can do is make a messageBox.

Hope you didn't have to much trouble trying to understand my rambling thoughts and you got the gist of this mod.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 08:53
Sounds interesting, much different from most mods here. I wish I knew c++, then I'd help with plugins. Good luck with your mod man!

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 15:21
Sounds like a great idea, for scripting mods in particular, to implement. When this comes out, I'd like to take a shot at making a couple plugins for it.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to make also some plugins. Are you going to incorporate with the fpscmapeditor too? So we can incorporate dll into the fpsc map editor. Or is it just for the Fpsc Game Engine?

Love this idea.

Keep this up.

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 18:37
When the fpsc mapeditor source comes out I'll see what I can do.

I'm also glad I got some support for this because working on the core of this is working on two projects at the same time, three if you count making plugins to test with.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds interesting.

I'd have to talk to Apple Slicer, but I'd like to look at it for possible inclusion into Apple Juice Mod.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 21:57
Quote: "Sounds interesting"

Id say the same

Join the forums and download fpsc games here:
http://fpsc-games.webs.com/
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram,SoundBlaster Audigy,EFX Free Edition
BAMFMedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds Interesting Looking forward to updates!
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 02:57
Since adding the next part to the mod will be a while I decided to let you guys with an alpha demo. I've also included the source for modders and the C++ headers for anyone who wants to make a plugin (remember its an alpha so not much to see).

Its still just a messagebox command, but the main point is that it comes from a dll and not within the source.

The next thing on my to do list if anyone is interested is to retrieve data from FPSC e.g entities, which can be read and changed within a plugin. This will allow plugins to control the entities and theoretically create better ai commands.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 03:11
I'm very interested.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 05:34
Quote: "if anyone is interested is to retrieve data from FPSC"

It wouldn't be of much use without it. I mean, you wouldn't even be able to access the command parameters.

The one and only,

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 06:07
Quote: "It wouldn't be of much use without it. I mean, you wouldn't even be able to access the command parameters."

Heh, yeah. Actually I do have command parameters working, I just want to get the data in the arrays and all passed into C++. I just need to find a quick and easy way to pass all that information so it won't take all of my time passing individually.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:50
I like this idea im intrested to see what it is capable of and i love how you can edit it to do w/e you like and expect it to work with any mod.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:17:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:17:21