Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Model Pack 33

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:21
Model Pack 33 has been released today.

The sports pack can compliment any game style, containing a large variety of sports items including gym equipment, tennis, boxing and soccer.

The pack contains 70 detailed entities and 12 room segments.

A YouTube video is available here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLMA3mgJ6r0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fpscreator.com%2Fpack33.html&feature=player_embedded

For more details on this pack please visit http://www.fpscreator.com/pack33.html
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:23
Looks cool

knxrb

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:32
nice, but really so much model packs

lil marioman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:32
First office, now gym! What's next? School?

-hint hint-

I'm scared of bugs. I mean that in more ways than one.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:33
Seems OK, same developper as 32 it seems though.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:41
well, its not my taste

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:49
dang, they really are kicking these out. I for one like quality more than quantity
lil marioman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:50
Quote: "dang, they really are kicking these out. I for one like quality more than quantity "

I like variety more then quality more then quantity.

I'm scared of bugs. I mean that in more ways than one.
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:57
ordered
JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 18:00
Quote: "ordered"

A refund I hope. Those textures don't look seamless.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 18:14
Again with the same issue as the last pack, they only look non-seamless because the lightmap setting is low on those screenshots.

And these packs are getting rushed. I would also prefer quality rather than quantity, because we're certainly getting quanitity.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
It is cuz of the lightmapping indeed.

But i think this modelpack, as not much quality in it. The most textures look almost as plane colors.

I pass this one...

cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 19:09
I hope that the next pack again,full with characters is
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 20:23 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 12:28
---EDIT---
Its a good pack, lots of variety. Can be used in many games.

And of course many users can now have many variety in their games.
I have never seen an sport gym pack on these forums before, so i hope this pack gets good sales.

Kumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 20:45
Wicked!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 20:54
I actually don't think you guys who are complaining really understand quality vs. cost. I like the model packs so far. And you know, I think the quality is more than excellent for the price. Most model packs elsewhere are at least $100.00 for this same quality. And some models that are of absolutely top quality are at least $20.00 for only one model.

It's unfortunate that only a few comment on these models and that those are usually negative.

Remember, though, this is MHO.

-----------------------------------------------
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 20:56 Edited at: 17th Aug 2009 20:56
I'd be feeling rubbish if I was the creator of the pack after reading the comments.
I think it's a good pack, as is the last one, it's better than I could do.

knxrb

cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:20
My doctor says,work on you condition.So I ordered that pack.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:25 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 12:34
---EDIT---
, than i also would suggest this model pack.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:30
...must pass on this one, as well.

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:32
I hate to say it but it is the negative bandwagon again, if it is not good enough then don’t buy it. Constructive criticism is one thing, but in most cases it just negative comments that put people off.

DC

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:37 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 12:33
---EDIT---
Didn't wanted to step on someone's toes.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:39
...mediocrity should not be glorified.

The topic of the decline model pack quality has been discussed
on these boards numerous times.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:45 Edited at: 17th Aug 2009 22:00
I agree, no offense to the creator, but many of the items have very basic textures...

I guess this is after getting tonnes of quality Bond1 and Jon Fletcher creations, but I'd understand the anti-negativity if it were free, but because this person wants money for it, then he assumes it's as good as any other model pack, which it kinda isn't...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:46
@ Cheese Cake

How do you know he doesn't visit the forum? The negative comments are off course a point of view and if the maker was checking the forum then they may find some of the comments un-inspiring to improve their work for TGC customers. Please bear in mind my statement was not directed at you personally.

I think we’re getting off topic.

DC

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:48 Edited at: 17th Aug 2009 21:52
...well spoken, CoffeeGrunt.

Quote: "...then they may find some of the comments un-inspiring to improve their work for TGC customers."

...or he or she may realize that they need to raise the quality bar, as paying customers feel it is lacking in this regard.

TGC may also (hopefully some day) get the message, and realize that perhaps this isn't the quality they wish to officially put their brand on.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 21:59 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 12:33
----EDIT--- (basically the same as my first post, which is edited now)

I would say, maybe next time. A bit more details in the models.
Edit the textures a bit so they stand out more than they do now.
Like the segments, maybe it is seamless but i can notice where the texture ends and the other begins.
And that is not a good thing.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 22:27
I agree with all the comments from the older users above ^^^^.

It just seems like I could throw together all my old models and make a killing. I don't want to though, because that's just unprofessional. I certainly wouldn't want to give my customers the impression that we don't work hard and polish the stuff we sell.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 00:38 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 03:33
When there were no model packs for ages all there was was moaning "Why are there no model packs, wah wah wah"... Now there are some being released "They're not good enough"...

If they're not good enough for you, that's fine, but seriously unless you have something constructive to say why bother posting. A couple of you (and you know who you are) will jump on any opportunity to have a go at TGC and their business practice. If you can make better models, then make them and offer them to TGC as a pack for sale. If as you're saying your models are of a better quality then I'm sure TGC will buy them off you. Put up or shut up!

cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 00:42
Quite right Thraxas
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 00:56 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 12:27
---EDIT---

People are right, sorry to the maker if he read my post before.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 01:53
@Thraxas

Sorry. But my comments weren't directed at TGC, I don't mind their business ethics, they're better than most. I was aiming at the creator, rather than the seller, of this pack...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 01:53
It's OK to give your opinion of the pack as long as it's respectful.
It's not OK to give your opinion of other peoples opinion.

That's why the saying.....

Quote: "You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you should never pick your friends nose."

was made.

I think this pack (and the Office Pack) is well made and thought out, and fills a hole in the current packs. These are packs that have been wanting for some time. I think a lot of the problem is presentation, and not actual quality. Though low poly and lacking a little in texture, there is a good amount of product and it appears to work well together. It's not really my style, but a nice pack and very usable. JMHO

Brian.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 01:57 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 01:59
I wasn't targeting you specifically... the people who I was talking about will know exactly who they are from reading my post. If you don't think my words applied to you then they didn't.

My point was that there is a general attitude of negativity that perpetuates within this forum. This applies to all the FPSC sections of the forums.

I don't think everyone should always be sunshine and roses but a bit of courtesy occasionally would not go astray.

The model packs are all similarly priced so some people believe they should all be of the same high quality as Errant or John Fletcher or Bond1, I believe this is not the case. Those model packs are seriously under priced, but if TGC were charge what they were worth the masses would start a thread complaining about how much they cost.

It seems with certain members of this community that nothing is ever good enough.

Edit
two post were made while I typed this... So it was in response to Cheese Cake

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 02:16
I assume it is more than fair to judge a pack by the text&pictures provided by the authors - after all they have no upper limit as how much screenshots, youtube clips or pdf's they provide, right?

And judging under that premise brings me to the conclusion that MP 32 and 33 are by all means inferior to MP 1,2 & 3. Apart from these packs partially including characters they also have more different segments each as MP 32&33 and even such exotic things as (gasp!)windows+doors.

And I also DO like some of the newer packs - p.e MP 20 & 23 which I highly recommend.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 03:25 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 03:26
Quote: "When there were no model packs for ages all there was was moaning "Why are there no model packs, wah wah wah"... No there are some being released "They're not good enough"..."

I agree with every single word Thraxas said. You're all ridiculous.

I just watched the youtube and the model pack looks fine to me. If you're in need of some gym stuff then these are perfect I think.

Signature's are stupid.
Lucidx
Years of Service
User Offline
ya'll should spend more time making a good model instead of pumping out small model packs with nothing of interest in them.

Lucidx
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 05:49
I believe you guys are being unfair to the guy/girl, whoever made them. Not everyone can model/texture like bond1, you sure do expect them to though. I don't see why everyone is complaining about the model packs.

Quote: "ya'll should spend more time making a good model instead of pumping out small model packs with nothing of interest in them."

TGC doesn't make the model packs. People on this site do.

I mean, you know what. Lets just tell CP to stop making is scifi stuff. He is making it to quick, and I mean if you don't like the model packs don't buy them. I know if I was the artist and I read these I would be pretty bummed out.

Hi, it’s Robert with Stealthmod! You’ll be saying Stealth every time you use this mod! It’s like CoD! It’s like L4D! It’s like BioShock. A regular mod doesn’t work good – this works good and great.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 12:37
I just wanted to say, i edited my posts.

And lets just stop about the quality/quantity of this pack.
Unless you are saying that its a good pack.
Since most people cant stand if you are referring to the quality (in a negative way)

By the way, i know i am not a mod. But i think its the best thing for this thread.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 13:31
I don't have a problem with people being negative about the model packs and voicing their opinions about it. As I said I wasn't targeting you specifically.

It's just posts like these offer nothing constructive and in my opinion are a waste of time:

Quote: "well, its not my taste "

Quote: "dang, they really are kicking these out. I for one like quality more than quantity"

Quote: "A refund I hope. Those textures don't look seamless."

Quote: "...must pass on this one, as well. "

Quote: "...mediocrity should not be glorified."

Quote: "ya'll should spend more time making a good model instead of pumping out small model packs with nothing of interest in them."

How do these posts help the creator improve their pack? If you don't want to buy the pack why post telling everyone? You don't like the quality, what needs to be improved to make them better?

As I said before there is a poor attitude in the FPSC community with regards to other people's work. No other game developer community that I have been part of is so quick to be down on their fellow developers. I think it's sad that instead of trying to help each other out, people just rubbish the work without having the decency to offer any advice.

In the Model board and the Scripting board people download other's work never say thanks, and in fact the only time they post is when it doesn't work, to complain about it. Not "Thanks for your time making something free for the community" but "It dont work, i get error, fix it"...

Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 14:01
well said thraxas

well i for one will be getting this pack along with the office pack

they may not be bond 1 quality but then half of the stuff around will never be close!

these packs are great and very useful since theres not much sports stuff around!

I hope the creator does more soon!

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 15:37
Quote: "these packs are great and very useful since theres not much sports stuff around!"

look at the tgc store

Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 15:54
Quote: "look at the tgc store "

i have i bought an american football from it abit back

but the boxing ring etc are nice additions and there reaslly aint that much in the store

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 17:20 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 17:22
The problem is, is that we have all been spoiled with the extreme low-cost of media here. That's all there is to it. The two packs mentioned here have a different style than others...mainly because...wait for it....many artists have different styles. These actually mirror the style Dark Faction had for his game WIPS. Many developers would pay $20 alone for a single entity out of this pack.

As I've said before; people here need to be a little more appreciative of the developers who take the time to make media for FPSC. Their are other communities (some with their own stores) who pay WAY more for the same work (such as Garage Games). It may not be long before these artists leave for "greener pastures".

-Keith
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 20:49 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 00:06
Quote: "In the Model board and the Scripting board people download other's work never say thanks, and in fact the only time they post is when it doesn't work, to complain about it. Not "Thanks for your time making something free for the community" but "It dont work, i get error, fix it"..."

may I be so bold to correct you with some threads that got new posts within the last 3 days?
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=156316&b=24
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=156129&b=24
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=155063&b=24
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=155735&b=24
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152441&b=24

I might have a different point of view though altogether because I modded for NWN2Vault since 2005. Most of my own stuff (worth an average of 30-60 work hours each) there has a 1000+ downloads and still only between 20-60 comments. Some people here get the same for their WIP threads *lol

Quote: "How do these posts help the creator improve their pack? If you don't want to buy the pack why post telling everyone? You don't like the quality, what needs to be improved to make them better?"

Thats another thing that baffles me: why doesnt anybody doing commercial packs post their WIP on the boards to get some feedback and avoid threads like this one???
I mean, I wouldnt ask for other users opinion if I do some stuff cause I need it for my own game. I release it afterwards and you can take it or leave it. but if I want to earn $ with it I probably would invest some time in a little *market research*...but thats just me.

Quote: "As I've said before; people here need to be a little more appreciative of the developers who take the time to make media for FPSC. Their are other communities (some with their own stores) who pay WAY more for the same work (such as Garage Games). It may not be long before these artists leave for "greener pastures"."

There are also other modding communities like the ones for NWN2, Oblivion or STALKER (just to name a few I know personally) where we all do everything for free (including the hardcore stuff like modelling and animating)because we cant sell stuff made for the commercial licensed games. According to you our pastures must be of a greyish green at best but we aren't idiots over there, just creative minds sharing the *geeky love* for our game

And I assume (hopefully) that everyone doing a commercial MP for FPSC also shares the love for games and does his (or her) releases also in the hope of seeing *better* games not just $

Doing a pack (or two) with content and style that no one specifically asked for is completely at the developers own risk.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 23:49
A Gym!
What a great idea.
Now I want to make a cutscene of a work out so I can script that weight bench to be a stamina boost to give the player increased health.
Not just raise the health but allow a greater than normal range, so if they have a health meter it will show extra notches at the top after the workout.

I am going to get this soon. (when I order #32)

IMHO
The Quantity of this pack is well worth the cost regardless of quality, which doesn't look bad to me.
My advice is to make the most of what you've got, and if you don't like a model's texture then retexture it.
The Model Packs at TGC should be from various artists at various skill levels as long as they are of a good quality.
I don't have the pack yet, but from the screenshots I would say that these moodels are of good quality.
I for one like low poly models to save on framerates, and textures can easily be changed to suit the storylines better and to give your game a custom look.
I think this pack looks well worth the money and the theme was a great idea, since most model pack requests are for modern urban stuff.
It is easy to take these model packs for granted considering the spoiled factor mentioned by others.
I commend TGC and all of the artists who develop the model packs for making these products available to us so affordably.
I for one appreciate all of your efforts, and I look forward to watching the community grow along with its developer's modeling skills.
Keep up the good work, and THANKS AGAIN!!!

koolman v2
Years of Service
User Offline
sport pack ok

I'm not sure how many people would have a sport level in there game
tgc got model packs coming out of their ears

how about making like other character pack or alien pack
I don't really see the point in this pack

but anyway

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:01 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 00:06
Quote: "I don't really see the point in this pack"

I remember lot of 'Modern Urban Stuff' as requests for model packs in the past.
This seems to be an effort on TGC's part to mix it up a bit.
We have not had any modern urban stuff since pack 24 (unless you count the graveyard) so these last two were good ideas.

Quote: "how about making like other character pack or alien pack "

Yes, I agree, we need another character pack.
But who now wants to face the criticism of this mobb?
Anyone doing characters knows they will be compared to Bond and Fletcher.
I think this may cause anyone who has less than awesome skills to be a bit reluctant to do it.
We old timers (and not so old timers) can remember what criticisms fell pack 19's characters.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:05 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 00:11
I am totally satisfied with Stevepauls characters from MP 20 and 23. I hope he does more Fantasy/Horror stuff sometime

And regarding MP 19: you cant compare the quality of cartoon characters to *regular* ones. MP 19 had the problem that it was hard to be mixed with anything else and therefore didnt have much fans.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:16:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:16:50