Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / New to DarkPhysics. Basic vehicle setup questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:55 Edited at: 17th Aug 2009 18:04
Hi, I'm just starting to play around with DarkPhysics. I got it mainly for the vehicle functions, though i do plan on using other stuff too. I have a number of questions.

I've modified one of the examples to see what happens (see below)

This seems to crash everytime I run it. I'm quite sure its the PHY SET VEHICLE LATERAL TIRE FORCE FUNCTION command. I've simply copied in a block of commands to (apparently) allow the vehicle to do powerslides, but I had previously tried this command before finding this block of commands. It still crashed the program. Would there be a reason for this?

Another question is about the PHY SET VEHICLE MOTOR TORQUE command. If tried making the car front wheel drive (I assume thats the kind of thing this function is for?), but it always seems to pull to the left, now yes a real car could get torque steer, but this isn't that complex yet! It also does the same if I send equal torque to each wheel (making it...in theory 4WD). Is there a way to stop this? I used the following code instead of the motor force command:

My final (for now) question is why when I steer does it slow to a crawl even though the motor force is high? The wheels go very slow forwards and yet its slowly going backward?

All I'm aiming for in my initial experiments is some basic handling that is skiddy using keys that can be changed as I don't want to use the auto controls. I've only used the arrow keys in this brief test because its easier commandwise.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:23:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:23:07